Product Marketing Manager, Solutions Marketing
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
As a Product Marketing Manager and master storyteller, you will play a critical role in defining our solution-centric approach to the Confluent portfolio. In this position, you will become an expert in your domain, developing and executing integrated messaging and positioning. You will conceive innovative marketing programs to generate market awareness, drive demand and enable sales success. You will work in close alignment with sales, demand generation, product management, and client services teams to drive cross-functional alignment and execution.
To be a successful candidate you will have a proven track record in Product Marketing for high-tech companies. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and link technical products and features to customer pain points and business benefits is crucial.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with cross-functional teams to spearhead go to market strategy for Confluent solutions
- Develop and constantly refine a Confluent POV for IT and Engineering leaders
- Create targeted high-quality content to highlight benefits of confluent solutions, including presentations, solution briefs, case studies, white papers, videos, blogs, sales tools and webcasts
- Work closely with the Marketing team to permeate product messaging across web and other customer-facing communication vehicles
- Support funnel growth activities with thought leadership content such as editorials, blogs, white papers, press releases, SEO campaigns, and industry and partner events.
- Analyze customer and market requirements and trends, in addition to field requirements and deliver high-impact sales tools, enablement and training
- Interact with customers to gain insights and help perfect your own strategy
What You Will Bring:
- 5+ years of product or solutions marketing experience in the B2B enterprise software space
- Experience marketing and/or selling to technical audiences
- Exceptional at connecting technical concepts with customer values, craft compelling messages to build external assets and internal results
- Highly-proactive, self-starter capable of independently leading projects
- Team player who can lead cross-functional teams and projects and thrives on team wins
- Must be enthusiastic about developing plans, but just as happy to roll up your sleeves to execute
- A love for storytelling in a simple, thoughtful, and visual manner!
- MBA and Computer science / engineering / technical undergrad degree preferred, but not required
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Product Marketing Manager, Solutions Marketing
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure