Product Marketing Manager
Remote job description
Okendo is a customer-marketing platform trusted by 4,000+ of the world's fastest-growing consumer brands like Kim Kardashian's brand, SKIMS. The platform is a suite of integrated marketing products including customer ratings and reviews, UGC, and Q&A which brands use to build trust, drive sales, and maximize customer lifetime value.
Our growth exceeded 300% in 2020, so we raised a $5.3 million seed round from Index Ventures in April 2021 to double our global team and accelerate our progress on building the ecommerce marketing platform of the future.
We're product-centric, customer-obsessed and on a mission to build the world's best commerce enablement software. If you like being at the bleeding edge of marketing tech and working with passionate people then Okendo is for you.
We are looking to build out our fun-loving, hardworking Product Marketing team with an energetic Product Marketing Manager eager to jump in and have direct impact on Okendo's product suite! You will work with Product teams to focus on understanding the value that Okendo's new products bring to early adopter customers, driving user engagement post-launch, and working closely with customer-facing teams to establish marketing programs that enable our merchant customers to leverage the full potential of Okendo's growing product suite. Your experience in bringing new products to market will allow you to build strategies that ensure the success of our merchants at each stage of their customer journey. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are excited to try new strategies and build things, and can take initiative with little direction.
How you'll create impact:
Positioning & Messaging: Work with early adopters to truly understand and articulate the value that new product and features bring to the market. Based on this work, collaborate and help execute product release strategies, including product positioning, messaging and competitive intelligence.
Product Content Development: Help to set the vision for industry-leading, vibrant product content that clearly explains Okendo's value through a range of mediums (everything from help articles, in-app product tours, videos and more). Work with a talented team of writers, designers and other creative to bring this vision to life.
Persona Development: Research our merchant clients and gather their feedback through calls, emails, surveys, review product adoption data, and run competitive analysis to become an expert in their pain points and how to speak to them.
Education & Enablement: Communicate new product features and updates to internal teams ensuring they have the information needed to get excited and capitalize on the release.
Product/Feature Adoption Analysis: Conduct product marketing data analysis with early adopters and current clients. Gather and interpret data, understand how and why features are being adopted and present findings in a clear and actionable way.
Core responsibility: Your core responsibility will be working closely with Product teams and early adopter customers to understand the value that Okendo's new products and features bring to market and then working with cross functional teams to launch those products in to market in a clear and differentiable way. You will become an expert on your product lines, the competitive landscape and strive to get everyone as excited as you are both internally and externally about the Okendo product suite.
What we need from you:
- 3-5 years of experience in creating and executing marketing strategies, preferably in a SaaS, product-led organization
- Proven track record executing product marketing strategies that had impactful measurable results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to sell ideas through creative and innovative storytelling
- Experience launching products or product features with cross-departmental alignment, and tailoring communications to different audiences, both internally and externally
- Metrics-driven and analytical; proven ability to prioritize, drive, and achieve results through self and others under time pressure
- Positive, energetic team player excited about the opportunity to be a part of a hyper growth company
- Bachelor's or Master's in marketing or related discipline
- You've completed onboarding and have a solid understanding of Okendo's current product portfolio and a firm grasp on the Q1 Product Roadmap
- You've met with your key counterparts within Product Marketing as well as across the organization from Product and Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success and Support, Sales, Partners and have set weekly catch ups with your key contacts
- You're jumping in to meeting with early adopters and starting to get the structure in place to do the feature to value translation needed for product launch
- You're helping to audit the current product content and collaborating with a team on how to build multi-layered best in class product content.
- You're meeting weekly with your Manager and have worked together to come up with agreed upon key metrics to achieve
- You're in the groove, you have a deep understanding of your product lines, the competitive landscape and the personas you serve
- You are coordinating with cross functional teams and partners to launch new products, measure results and adoption and have creative strategies to continually improve
- You're working and collaborating with all levels of the organization, sharing your ideas, inspiring others and learning and growing
- You've successfully launched a few big features and products that have been critical to Okendo's success
- You're a trusted and respected Okendo product expert with a reputation for being an excellent team member and collaborator
- You're continuing to bring new ideas and best practices for how to deliver compelling product content to market
- You're looking to take on more responsibility and mentor new product marketers joining the team
It's not often in your career that you have the opportunity to have a massive impact on building out a department and helping a company in a hyper growth stage. The Product Marketing team is young and growing and we're looking for a range of smart, talented team members to bring their unique perspectives, work hard, be creative, support each other and help build something great. If this sounds like fun to you - we'd love to hear from you!
- Highly competitive compensation package.
- 100% coverage of employee health insurance.
- Comprehensive dental, life, disability and vision coverage.
- Generous PTO and vacation policy.
- Join an experienced, talented, and highly motivated team.
- Exposure to the biggest and best eCommerce brands globally.
- Work remotely in the USA or from our Miami office
Company name: Okendo
Remote job title: Product Marketing Manager