Marketing Operations Manager
Remote job description
At Chainguard, we are on a mission to secure the software supply chain by default. We are choosing to do this the right way, which is the hard way. Some have even called us "the Justice League of security." Our team is founded by the industry's leading experts on open source software, security and cloud native development and is backed by Sequoia, Amplify Partners, the Chainsmokers and more. Chainguard's product portfolio includes Chainguard Enforce, Chainguard Images and Professional Services. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies in banking, fintech, government and infrastructure to startups and SMBs. Join us as we help organizations secure their software supply chain from source to production.
We live and breathe our company values:
We are customer obsessed - Our true advantage is the strength of our relationships with customers through collaboration, empathy, and responsiveness. We establish trust as we educate, advocate, and listen to their needs. Our focus is on delivering solutions to our customers that create value and make their lives better.
We have a bias for intentional action - We're a start-up and we need to move fast. However we need to move fast through intentional action to make sure we're able to deliver quickly and efficiently on what is most impactful to our collective success. We prioritize, plan, try things, and fail fast. We think about how what we do impacts other teams and communicate our progress - owning the whole solution from start to finish. If we move fast enough, we can make two or three mistakes, learn, and correct them before competitors even make their first decision.
We don't take ourselves too seriously (but we do serious work) - Though we are solving an important problem which takes focus and a degree of seriousness, we don't take ourselves too seriously while we do. We laugh, have fun, embrace uniqueness, and enjoy the journey. Together.
We trust each other and assume good intentions - We hire great team members and trust them to do their work. We're transparent with data, news, and decisions - positive or negative - to empower team members to make well informed decisions. Showing up for each other fully means we celebrate each other's accomplishments as well as give compassionate direct feedback when needed. We always default to assuming good intentions.
The role, in a nutshell:
We are seeking a highly motivated, data obsessed Marketing Operations Manager to join our team. As a Marketing Operations Manager, you will work closely with the marketing team to manage and optimize the marketing technology stack, streamline marketing processes, and improve data quality. The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative and analytical skills.
What you'll do:
- Manage and optimize marketing technology stack, including marketing automation platform, CRM, and other marketing tools.
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop and implement lead generation and nurture campaigns, and monitor campaign performance using data analytics.
- Ensure data accuracy and completeness within marketing and product databases, and develop strategies to maintain data quality.
- Conduct analysis and reporting on marketing performance metrics, including website traffic, email open and click-through rates, and conversion rates.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports to track marketing KPIs and provide insights to key stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, and implement solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness of marketing operations.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices related to marketing operations, and recommend new strategies and tactics as appropriate.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in marketing operations, preferably in the SaaS and/or security industry.
- Strong quantitative and data analysis skills, with experience using tools such as Google Analytics, SQL, and/or Tableau.
- Penchant for market research to distill key insights for target buyers profiles and product market fit informed by data and analytics projects.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms, CRM systems including Salesforce, and other marketing technology tools.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working cross-functionally with teams including product, sales, engineering.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with a focus on delivering high-quality work in a timely manner.
- Experience working in a startup or high impact, outcome-driven environment preferred.
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Equity/stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work with flexible coworking and team meetup opportunities
- Home office and internet stipend
- 100% health/dental/vision insurance coverage for you and your family
If your experience is close but doesn't fulfill all requirements, please apply. Chainguard is on a mission to build the best team. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring "Guardians'' with unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Chainguard is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Company name: Chainguard
Remote job title: Marketing Operations Manager
Job tags: marketing, Software as a Service, SQL