Marketing Operations Manager
Remote job description
Squarespace is looking for a Marketing Operations Manager to lead and scale a team dedicated to evolving marketing technology and optimizing our processes.
In this role, you will lead a team in providing strategic and tactical support throughout the marketing organization, while also frequently partnering with teams outside of it on solutions. Your vision of success includes iteratively upgrading the marketing tech stack based on the ever-shifting data privacy landscape, identifying synergies across systems, and increasing marketing operational efficiency through scalable process improvements.
We're looking for someone who has advocated for and integrated a broad spectrum of marketing technology platforms and understands how to operate a strong program with largely internal stakeholders. You have a very strong technical background and an equally strong understanding of the marketing function.
You will be a part of a growing team, focused on enhancing the sophistication of the Marketing team. This position will work hybrid based in our New York City headquarters and reports to the Senior Manager of Marketing Analytics & Operations.
You'll Get to...
- Manage and grow the marketing operations team
- Own the marketing technology roadmap, identify marketing and organization-wide opportunities and risks, and evolve marketing tech stack to meet the demand of the business
- Partner with both Marketing and internal partner teams to deliver marketing technology capabilities that have a measurable impact on marketing effectiveness and process improvement
- Partner with internal teams and legal to stay up to date on marketing technology best practices and ensure privacy and legal compliance requirements are met
- Work with marketing teams and partners to understand marketing operational requirements and challenges; propose and manage systems and processes that address
- Develop and manage relationships across stakeholders and ensure adoption of marketing technology solutions across stakeholders
- Prioritize resources to drive the highest impact in meeting strategic and tactical goals
Who We're Looking For
- 7+ years of demonstrated success supporting a Marketing team, or with an advertising agency/ad tech company, with a focus on marketing technology and how that can be leveraged operationally
- Ability to grow and scale a team in a cross-functional environment
- Deep understanding and operational knowledge of MarTech and discrete platforms (i.e. Tag Manager, CDP, MMP, Ad Server, DSPs, Analytics Tools, ESP), as well as how they relate to functions within the org such as CMS, CRM, & Analytics tech stack, etc.
- Hands on experience onboarding, integrating and driving adoption of new MarTech platforms
- Knowledge of media buying and execution processes and associated adtech across multiple channels (i.e. paid social, paid search, display, etc.), including significant experience with ad trafficking
- Deep understanding of privacy and data regulations (GDPR, CCPA. etc.) and their impact on various aspects of marketing decision-making
- Ability to communicate technical findings to non-technical teams
- Creative and strategic thinker who can proactively identify opportunities for improvements that are most beneficial to the entire marketing ecosystem
- Impeccable attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience delivering high-impact work at scale, with a focus on effective delegation and management
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.Summary
Company name: Squarespace
Remote job title: Marketing Operations Manager
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb, soho, websites