Remote job description
What if you had the chance to drive the digital marketing strategy for a product that shapes the future of one of the world's most popular leisure activities?
That's what we're doing here at Deckee. Over 200 million people go boating around the world every year, and our software can help them stay informed and safe on the water. At the same time, our technology helps governments and maritime authorities plan for the waterways of the future.
We've just opened a rare opportunity to help craft and deliver Deckee's marketing strategy during a pivotal time, as we expand both geographically (look out, world!) and strategically (data, insights, and groundbreaking partnerships).
This might be for you if...
This role is at the intersection of creative, marketing, technology and operations; you will have your hands in different areas to support the development and execution of Deckee's marketing and communications campaigns to educate, inform, connect and inspire our community across all regions.
You will think holistically about the company and its growth and look at every element of the marketing strategy - from media buying to creative execution - and implement rapid, data-driven experiments to grow our user base.
You must be detail oriented and be able to have multiple tasks on the go at any time, as you will be working in a fast-paced, growing environment.
As Marketing Manager, you'll be responsible for coordinating marketing activities across the entire growth funnel (not just the top of the funnel) for our consumer users and partners. In this role, you will help Deckee get more people on the water by growing our community of users and network of partners. You will be responsible for finding ways to acquire, activate, refer, and retain users as they move through the Deckee experience.
This is a fantastic role for someone who has a strong background in online marketing and extensive experience with working with a team in a semi-remote or fully-remote working environment.
The ideal candidate has a passion for boating (fishing, sailing, power boating) AND technology.
- Deckee is on a mission to help everyone stay safe and informed on the water. Boating is enjoyed by 200 million people every year, but can be dangerous, stressful and confusing, without access to the right information and guidance. The free Deckee mobile app (iOS, Android and Web) combines official information and alerts from our government partners, with crowdsourced reports, trip logging, weather conditions and navigation aids into one easy-to-use app.
- We are pioneering the operating platform for the waterways, offering governments modular technology solutions covering community engagement, planning, operations, and optimization, with proven value in fostering safety, improving communications and increasing efficiency. Government agencies partner with Deckee to modernise and advance their waterway safety strategies.
- We are a remote-friendly team with an awesome, laidback HQ in Newcastle, Australia. We work in an asynchronous fashion. Work where you want, when you want, how you want. You're a professional, we trust that you already know how to perform at your best.
Your responsibilities at Deckee:
- The position reports to the Chief Product Officer
- Improve engagement and conversion metrics throughout the entire growth funnel (from acquiring users to retaining them)
- Work closely with the Chief Product Officer to develop the marketing and growth strategy for specific audiences across all key channels (paid, email, social and website)
- Create, optimize, and iterate on acquisition, onboarding, and retention funnels where the ROI is highest
- Be the expert on connecting the dots between channels, campaigns, and the Deckee experience
- Lead growth and digital marketing initiatives to drive exponential growth
- Apply best practices for how to best engage with various audiences
- Define marketing and growth funnel success metrics, analyse performance, experiment and iterate quickly
- Maintain a strong bias for stepping up and taking action, yet demonstrate a willingness to learn and take guidance
- Leverage process and create structure to help teams be the most productive
- Incorporate testing and optimization strategies to surface the best ways to improve conversion rates
- Identify, analyse and monitor the competitive landscape and trends
- Assist in the development of go-to-market and launch strategies
- You have a passion for the internet, technology, communities and boats - we know you're at your best when you're doing what you love.
- You have proven experience in A/B testing, creative copy, managing paid search and social acquisition channels, building out referral programs, creating and optimising email nurture campaigns.
- You have hands-on experience in web traffic conversion or related activities across a multitude of digital channels.
- You have experience creating, managing, testing and optimising online social and paid channels (SEM, SEO, Facebook, Google, YouTube, podcasts, affiliates).
- You have expertise driving mobile app growth and finding new audiences to expand the potential user base.
- Extensive experience in Google Analytics and conversion optimisation. You're not scared of numbers or spreadsheets.
- A bias for experimentation with the experience and know-how to test rapidly and cheaply new channels and strategies, set performance goals, track results and follow the data to see if goals are met - then double down or move on to the next strategy.
- A self-starter with a strong can-do attitude. You can get things done on time.
- Ability to learn quickly and acquire missing information independently. You are always interested in acquiring new knowledge that helps you do your job better every day.
- You are creative and thoughtful with strong powers of persuasion.
Ideally you also have:
- An eye for UX
- Competent skills in graphic design - experience with design tools such as Adobe Suite and Canva
- A BS or BA in Marketing, Communications or related field
What's on offer:
- Salary is negotiable based on experience. Equity options are available and negotiable
- The opportunity to have an ownership share in the company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Exercise and Home Office Expenses covered
- Online training and courses to continuously improve your knowledge and skills
- Remuneration includes the lifestyle benefits of working in a location agnostic, asynchronous, remote role. However, we do have an awesome, laidback office in Newcastle with plenty of space for you
Company name: Deckee
Remote job title: Marketing Manager
Job tags: marketing, digital marketing, growth marketing, analytics, brand marketing