Manager, Experiential Events
Remote job description
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone-come make with us!
As the Conference Events Manager, you will help take these conferences to the next level - planning and executing the strategy to scale our conferences around the world while maintaining and growing the engagement and connection to our community that makes these events so special.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Lead the planning and execution of Figma's annual (in person & virtual) user conferences.
- Develop event goals and work cross-functionally to track metrics that are critical to the success of events, such as: promotion tactics, leads, and opportunities created.
- Work closely with the growth + social teams to develop the event promotion/launch plan.
- Manage agency relationships for event production and execution.
- Build, manage, and track event budget and expenses. Partner with the legal and finance teams to track contracts and expenses.
- Lead pre-event planning meetings, providing event support, preparing communications, coordinating conference logistics, lining up speakers, and conducting post meeting assessment activities.
`We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 4+ years of experience planning large-scale in person and virtual events in a tech and/or design focused company.
- Great attention to detail. You like managing multiple work streams simultaneously, sweat the small stuff and leave no detail untouched.
- A knack for organization and bringing people into the process with clear visibility into your work. You would represent the Figma brand well from behind-the-scenes event execution to in-person coordination and communication with customers and speakers.
- A creative mind who likes bringing new ideas to existing projects and continuously pushes the team to try new things.
- A love of bringing people together. Working with people outside of your team and outside of the company excites you. You like collaborating with new people and figuring problems out together.
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process-idea to design to build-and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace-we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Company name: Figma
Remote job title: Manager, Experiential Events
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, design, mobile, photos, software