Internal Communications, Digital Content Lead
Remote job description
We're the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward ?" and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We're supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We've been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we're just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Internal Communications Team
Relevant. Informative. Concise. Engaging. Creative.
Internal Communications is on a mission to ensure every Thumbtack team member is informed, connected and empowered by establishing efficient, effective and creative ways to learn about the business.
We believe in transparency and proactively sharing information about the state of the business and the organization overall. We listen and engage just as much as we push out communications. We create a sense of community and camaraderie across all levels, functions and offices, as well as with the pros and customers we serve. We celebrate the accomplishments of our employees, pros and customers and share their stories.
The communications team at Thumbtack is a crucial partner to all parts of the organization and we are instrumental in helping to bring our virtual-first model to life and further realizing our vision of making virtual work incredible.
About the Role
We are creating the future of internal communications for our virtual-first company and we need a builder to join our team to help us do just that. You'll be responsible for helping bring to life an innovative and comprehensive internal communications strategy for our new intranet to align employees across departments and locations, making employees feel like one global team. Once launched, you will own and be the main point of contact for our company intranet. You'll partner with key stakeholders from across the org to drive timely, relevant and inspirational content, and establish good governance practices.
- Work closely with key stakeholders, site and content owners to launch our new intranet in early-2022
- Develop and own strategy for further growth of intranet, as well as content from across the company
- Create and maintain effective site navigation and overall usability
- Own and manage the homepage to maintain a regular cadence and proper balance of engaging content curated from from across the company and monitor content to ensure it stay up-to-date and relevant
- Create the process and best practices for publishing and organizing content and educate and consult others across the org to ensure alignment
- Monitor site analytics and report on key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Develop content for employee-facing initiatives and programs (e.g. organizational announcements, events, leadership updates)
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4+ years professional experience with 2+ years in employee/internal communications
- Previous experience managing intranet content and strategy
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Lead with why. You must have a passion for the audience experience, design, written and rich media communications, and knowledge of how to leverage each to achieve communication goals.
- Strong project and program management skills, with the ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of comfort with social software and other web-based technologies
- Box? What box? Creativity, innovative thinking and a good sense of humor is a must
- An eye for visual design and aesthetics
- Graphic design and video editing abilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be a builder
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes ?" confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it's like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
*Currently, Thumbtackers can live anywhere in Ontario, Canada or the Philippines or in any of the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NV, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA. Our long term vision is to hire across all of the United States and Canada, but this expansion will take a few years.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Internal Communications, Digital Content Lead
Job tags: Rich Media, Internal Communications, Project and Program Management