Influencer Marketing Intern
Remote job description
Outer is a venture-backed startup based in Santa Monica, California on a mission to get people outside and inspire healthier, happier, and more fulfilling lives by creating innovative outdoor furniture.
THE ROLEOuter is seeking an Influencer Marketing Intern to help build and scale our influencer program. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about the creator economy, hyper-organized, creative, collaborative, and a skilled manager of time.
This role will report to the Marketing Partnerships & Community Manager and is a remote position.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Participate in growing Outer's influencer seeding - help organize initial intake and outreach, coordinate communication and contracts, place & track orders, maintain content creation timelines, track completion of deliverables
- Support with tracking key performance metrics and analytics for bi-weekly & monthly reporting and campaign recap decks; create quarterly recaps
- Assist in developing paid influencer campaigns & content strategy, creating influencer-selection criteria, writing creative briefs, and sourcing potential influencer partners for our Growth Marketing Team
- Assist in cultivating meaningful, authentic, and long-term relationships with influencers + reps through high-touch engagement and thoughtful communication
- Actively keep a pulse on emerging influencers and trends in the creator economy and across various social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, Clubhouse, etc.
- Provide thought leadership on new industry trends and tactics to engage with influencers through gifting, content partnerships, and event activations
WHO YOU ARE
- Interested in pursuing Influencer Marketing in a professional environment, particularly in a startup and/or consumer brand
- Awareness of pop-culture and social media trends; active on social media
- Ability to foster relationships with influencers, managers, agents, etc. and represent Outer within the industry
- You are working on, or have recently completed a bachelor's degree with a major or concentration in marketing, communications, or public relations
WHAT WE VALUE
- Benevolence--we seek to do good for everyone in our orbit: our customers, our teammates, our vendors, our community, our planet
- Collaboration--we acknowledge each other's humanness and are each other's biggest advocates, cheerleaders, and caretakers
- Action--we value progress over process and have the courage to challenge the status quo
- Curiosity--we are lifelong learners and seek to understand before being understood
Outer started by creating the perfect outdoor sofa: beautiful, durable, comfortable, and innovative. We also invented a new model for retail because we believe that the furniture buying experience can be much better than stale, traditional showrooms with four walls, fluorescent lighting, and pushy salespeople. Our Neighborhood Showroom platform turns our customers' backyards into our physical showrooms where our customers can see, touch, and feel our products in a real backyard alongside a real customer (think: Airbnb meets retail).
Our Co-Founder & Chief Design Officer was the former Head Furniture Designer at Pottery Barn, and our founding team brings decades of experience from Casper, IDEO, Nike, Thrive Market, Match.com, and Riot Games.
Outer is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives on our team. We don't discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Company name: Outer
Remote job title: Influencer Marketing Intern
Job tags: Marketing Communications, marketing, social media