EMEA Marketing Intern
Remote job description
Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don't plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can't help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst is looking for a creative, hardworking, and passionate EMEA Marketing Intern who wants to learn, contribute, and make an impact at a hyper-growth data and analytics company while having fun along the way.
In this role, you'll work on a number of demand generation campaigns and open source community projects in the region, giving the internship a varied and challenging opportunity. You'll also work on digital events, email campaigns, social media, digital marketing, and content curation. This position is perfect for an ambitious self-starting marketer who is looking to showcase entrepreneurial talent and learn from a rapidly growing marketing team.
- Build and execute demand generation programmes
- Help with content curation focused on corporate brand building, hiring, and awareness
- Work on a community engagement project involving creating and scheduling digital events, executing brand activation, and building email nurture campaigns
- Closely collaborate with content, demand gen, event, product, and web teams on campaign execution, nurture emails, community outreach, events, and SEO, as needed
- Current enrollment in a University degree (Bachelor or Masters Degree - not MBA) preferably with a Marketing, Communications or Business emphasis, graduating in 2022
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for writing
- Motivated team player with a "can-do" attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment, prior industry experience a plus
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job title: EMEA Marketing Intern