Director Product Marketing
Remote job description
At Chainguard, we are on a mission to secure the software supply chain by default. We are choosing to do this the right way, which is the hard way. Some have even called us "the Justice League of security." Our team is founded by the industry's leading experts on open source software, security and cloud native development and is backed by Sequoia, Amplify Partners, the Chainsmokers and more. Chainguard's product portfolio includes Chainguard Enforce, Chainguard Images and Professional Services. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies in banking, fintech, government and infrastructure to startups and SMBs. Join us as we help organizations secure their software supply chain from source to production.
We live and breathe our company values:
We are customer obsessed - Our true advantage is the strength of our relationships with customers through collaboration, empathy, and responsiveness. We establish trust as we educate, advocate, and listen to their needs. Our focus is on delivering solutions to our customers that create value and make their lives better.
We have a bias for intentional action - We're a start-up and we need to move fast. However we need to move fast through intentional action to make sure we're able to deliver quickly and efficiently on what is most impactful to our collective success. We prioritize, plan, try things, and fail fast. We think about how what we do impacts other teams and communicate our progress - owning the whole solution from start to finish. If we move fast enough, we can make two or three mistakes, learn, and correct them before competitors even make their first decision.
We don't take ourselves too seriously (but we do serious work) - Though we are solving an important problem which takes focus and a degree of seriousness, we don't take ourselves too seriously while we do. We laugh, have fun, embrace uniqueness, and enjoy the journey. Together.
We trust each other and assume good intentions - We hire great team members and trust them to do their work. We're transparent with data, news, and decisions - positive or negative - to empower team members to make well informed decisions. Showing up for each other fully means we celebrate each other's accomplishments as well as give compassionate direct feedback when needed. We always default to assuming good intentions.
The role in a nutshell:
Chainguard is looking for an experienced product marketing leader to join our Marketing team. As Director of Product Marketing you will be responsible for owning the go-to-market strategy and narrative for Chainguard's products, features, and partner integrations. As we strive to accelerate our growth, we're looking for an enthusiastic marketer to position and drive the success of our secure-by-design products.
In this role, you will lead a team and build the infrastructure necessary to deeply understand the relevant personas, craft differentiated positioning and messaging, bring Chainguard products and features to market, serve as the resident GTM expert for our products, amplify our security story through effective collateral, and enable GTM teams. Key performance indicators include market leadership, product adoption and user experience.
What you'll do:
- Coach, lead, and build a team of product marketers
- Oversee ideation and socialization of relevant personas
- Work closely with Product and Partnerships teams to develop a strong understanding of our existing product integrations and capabilities
- Conduct market and customer research to help different teams (e.g. Product, GTM, Demand) act on emerging trends, market shifts, competitive threats, and unmet customer needs
- Oversee the creation of jargon-free, differentiated positioning and messaging that fuels campaigns, press, content, and sales enablement to support business objectives
- Lead product launches and releases for all products, features, and integrations
- Influence packaging and pricing
- Partner with sales to ensure that the entire GTM function has the appropriate training and tools required to successfully speak to our products and capabilities
- Partner with the development team to manage new product introductions
- Monitor the business health of our products, identify opportunity areas, and create action plans to achieve continued success
- Continuously improve product marketing processes and set best practices for working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Evangelize internally and externally on the benefits of Chainguard and our solutions
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of working experience, including 5+ years of experience managing product marketing teams at high-growth SaaS/security companies
- Deep technical understanding or software development experience preferred
- Metrics-driven and focused on driving incremental results
- World-class problem solver
- Strong technical literacy with the ability to simplify complex concepts
- Proven experience collaborating successfully with cross-functional stakeholders, including senior executives (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Product, Strategy & Ops, Partnerships, Customer Success)
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, while focusing the right level of effort on each
- Self-starter with a track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment and getting their hands dirty
- Ability to communicate technical concepts into simple stories
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills to promptly navigate obstacles, resolve issues, and effectively advocate for your team
- Natural curiosity and empathy for customers and their challenges
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Equity/stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work with flexible coworking and team meetup opportunities
- Home office and internet stipend
- 100% health/dental/vision insurance coverage for you and your family
If your experience is close but doesn't fulfill all requirements, please apply. Chainguard is on a mission to build the best team. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring "Guardians'' with unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Chainguard is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Company name: Chainguard
Remote job title: Director Product Marketing
Job tags: Software as a Service, Product Strategy, Decision-Making