Director of Marketing
Remote job description
Industry: Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Start-up, Biotechnology, Biopharma, Pharmaceuticals
Job functions: B2B Marketing, Marketing, Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Growth
Location: Remote, flexible (NYC, Boston, San Francisco preferred)
We are looking for a talented Director of Marketing to build and lead Science Exchange's marketing function. This is a newly created position within Science Exchange's Revenue Organization where you will get the opportunity to build a world-class marketing function from scratch, define a strategy for 2021 and beyond, and drive best-in-class demand generation and product marketing programs.
We are looking for someone who is a strategist, a builder and executer, and who is hungry to drive pipeline and ARR growth through marketing. You will drive GTM strategy, develop content, own demand gen and build marketing operations from the ground up. This is a highly cross-functional role that reports to the VP of Business Development and Sales and that requires close partnership with sales, account management, CS, product and the executive team. This role requires a creative and highly organized marketer who is keen to individually contribute as well as manage people, and a solid storyteller who will bring their great ideas and help turn our marketing function into a growth machine.
About Science Exchange:
Science Exchange is an award-winning SaaS enabled B2B marketplace that is changing the way R&D outsourcing is conducted. Currently implemented at the majority of the top 50 global biopharma organizations, Science Exchange has paved a market leading position, saving thousands of hours for scientists and operations, and millions in cost savings for our customers across the world. Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator in 2011 and has raised nearly $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Science Exchange is a global company with employees all over the U.S., Europe and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make.
- Build a lean marketing function as a starting point and eventually scale the function into a mature B2B marketing team with demand gen, product marketing and creative pillars
- Partner closely with product teams in order to understand and clearly articulate value of new product releases
- Partner with sales, accounts, CS and executive teams to design messaging and thought leadership content to be used across multiple channels
- Own the development and segmentation of persona types, and map value proposition and messaging to customer profiles for GTM initiatives
- Make sure the value of Science Exchange is clearly understood among a variety of different persona types within R&D, Procurement, IT, and Finance leadership
- Work directly with customers on gathering testimonials, customer highlights, and case studies
- Manage all aspects of Science Exchange's PR, communications, and blog
- Lead and manage all aspects of demand generation as an individual contributor and as a thought leader including campaign strategy, content creation, copy writing, asset management, automation, and ROI reporting
- Manage marketing programs for both sides of Science Exchange's B2B marketplace, across both demand and supply side audiences
- Drive MQLs and pipeline in support of revenue goals for new Enterprise customers and Service Providers and report on ROI and conversion rates at all stages of the funnel
- Deploy, manage and track program budgets year over year
- Source and manage vendors and contractors in support of various marketing needs
- 8-10+ years of experience building and managing all aspects of demand generation in a B2B SaaS company
- BA or BS degree; MBA is a plus
- Previous experience working within Life Sciences, Healthcare, or Healthcare IT
- Expert-level knowledge of B2B marketing, B2B SaaS sales processes, and Enterprise SaaS Marketing best practices
- Highly experienced in all aspects of marketing program management and delivery across multiple channels
- Hands-on experience with SFDC and other tools in the martech stack
- Experience storytelling with simplicity and within Healthcare verticals
- Data-driven and analytical; you understand how to draw insights from data that inform future actions
- Budget-conscious, resourceful
- Go getter, resilient, and thrive in a fast-paced organization with a performance-driven culture
- Tenacious problem solver; uses innate curiosity and strong intellect to overcome any challenge
- Strategic and creative thinker; ladders up activities and programs to higher-level business goals
- Skilled collaborator; able to influence and motivate cross-functional team members, even those that don't report to you
- Highly organized, leaving no detail untouched and with ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- An understanding of biopharma operations, drug discovery and development, and the R&D outsourcing market is a plus
Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Director of Marketing
Tags: marketplace, sharing economy