Director of Customer Marketing
Remote job description
We are seeking an accomplished, driven, results-oriented Director, Customer Marketing to lead a best-in-class advocacy program, grow our executive programs and fortify our installed base marketing and communications programs. Our base of enterprise customers is growing at an impressive rate and we are looking for someone with a strong track record of identifying the right combination of strategies, tactics, triggers and channels across different phases of the customer journey, and of driving growth and retention.
This role will drive the telling of the Beamery story through the voice of our customers, ensuring a full pipeline of internal and external references that align to our brand and message priorities; you will oversee the management of foundational executive programs including our CAB and and connect these programs to core demand gen motions to contribute to revenue and retention goals; you will guide the evolution of Beamery's installed base marketing and communications function which plays a central role in owning and influencing expansion, relationship building and deal acceleration programs.
You will work with internal teams to define and manage streamlined processes for scaling these core customer marketing pillars. Our ideal hire is passionate about the power of customer advocacy and is at the forefront leveraging the latest technologies and connecting these pillars to ultimately grow customer engagement, loyalty and advocacy. And the ideal candidate has proven experience in delivering measurable results, and building strong corporate relationships with global brands clients.
- As the team's first dedicated customer marketing hire, you'll build the function from the ground up, set the standard for how marketing will work hand-in-hand with onboarding and customer success, and contribute to retention and upsell targets.
- Develop meaningful relationships with key customer advocates to support Beamery's growth plans across our product pillars
- Establish a customer journey map and determine ideal communications programs that deepen engagement and loyalty
- In collaboration with partners from Customer Success, Customer Experience, Sales and Product Marketing, build a programmatic approach to driving expansion through upsell and cross-sell
- Define and jointly develop a process to track, analyze and optimize NPS
- Partner closely with key stakeholders to bring to life inspirational customer stories via a variety of content types and media, showcasing the value of Beamery and translating the voice of the customer into sales and marketing tools for public or private references
- Lead our executive programs as we expand our customer advisory boards, executive sponsor programs and insight events globally.
- Partner with product marketing and account management to develop sophisticated product education and feedback programs that drive adoption and engagement
- Working with content marketing, develop campaigns that showcase customers through case studies, profiles, and PR
- Collaborate with peers in the global marketing team on customer events, including communities, user groups, and webinars
- Work with operations to establish appropriate workflows, reporting, customer journeys, and segmentations that will power campaigns
- Report on the performance of campaigns and impact on retention and upsell metrics
- Own customer marketing budget and return on investment
- 10 years marketing experience with at least 5 years in a senior level customer marketing/advocacy or customer success role company
- Customer centric professional with demonstrable experience building a customer reference program that maximizes reference opportunities - from new win announcements in the media, to deep dive case studies and internal sales collateral.
- Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity and a hands-on/execution capacity.
- Ability to effectively manage and inspire indirect reports to accomplish long and short-term goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills to help nurture customer relationships and to work successfully with cross-functional teams including executive management, product management, customer success, digital, operations, sales and marketing.
- Experience supporting large sales and customer success organizations in a growth environment is preferred.
- Eye for detail and ability to instill a culture of asking "why" and "how can we do better." As the person spearheading one of our most valuable forms of communication, we need you to be experienced at creating assets that are world class.
- Ability to educate key internal teams (e.g. sales, sales management and demand gen) about the availability and strategic deployment of customer advocacy assets and interactions.
- Evangelize the value of customer advocacy internally; this includes articulating advocacy contributions to executive-level audiences and creating programs to encourage nominations of new advocates.
- Experience with digital marketing strategies and tactics
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills
Job title: Director of Customer Marketing
Job tags: business services, hr, recruitment, saas / subscription