Demand Generation Manager
Remote job description
Lever was founded nine years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We're building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We're extraordinarily proud of the company we've built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever's biggest competitive advantage and we'll continue investing in our "Leveroos" and people-first culture.
We're looking for a talented Demand Generation Marketing Manager to optimize our holistic demand gen efforts and implement the right strategy to engage and drive revenue from new business. This person will work cross-functionally with the Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Marketing teams to scale and optimize our programs and take our Marketing Program to the next level. This role is coming at a critical time for Lever; we're investing heavily in our marketing and sales teams as we move upmarket and need a growth-minded and experienced marketing professional to get us there.
This is a high-growth marketing opportunity that will help grow and tell the stories of our 2000+ customers who overwhelmingly view Lever's product as the most innovative in the talent acquisition space. We're out to help companies transform their hiring by ensuring that recruiters and HR professionals globally are set up to succeed with our best-in-class product suite and services.
A successful Demand Generation Manager at Lever is well-rounded in demand generation principles, and is critical thinking and executing on a number of programs that capture new opportunities for Lever across multiple channels. This Demand Generation Manager will focus on the promotion and nurture of leads for events, webinars, targeted emails for various audience segments. This person will work very closely with our media publications and agencies on external paid media campaigns, along with our Digital Marketing team to optimize and support digital channels to amplify our content and message. The role is responsible for generating pipeline revenue and will need to work hand-in-hand with the sales teams.
Lever's Marketing team is a tight-knit team with diverse backgrounds--our mission is to build a strong brand and sustainable demand for Lever by showcasing a product and experience our prospects and customers can't live without in order to change the industry's mindset around hiring.
The skill set
- 3+ years marketing experience focused on lead generation, campaign and project management, content marketing, and overall demand generation strategy to tactics.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with email marketing automation software (Marketo is preferred).
- 2+ years managing external agencies, contract review, selection of vendors or equivalent
- 3+ years experience executing promotions for webinars and virtual events
- Experience creating engaging emails and nurtures focused on the persona, lifecycle campaigns, segmented communication strategies
- Must require a good understanding of engagement, retention, and upsell campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of email best practices to increase deliverability, engagement, and conversions
- Strong creator of compelling messages for audience segments; experienced in working with Content teams to map storylines, themes, funnel messaging.
- Lead A/B testing strategies and execution on content assets and email channel
- Work closely with the Demand Generation team to develop granular tracking, reporting and efficient lead management in the handoff of leads to sales
- Experience in aligning with the sales team to provide campaign communications, lead flow strategy and receiving feedback on results
- Self-starter with the ability to seek out opportunities, create an action plan and see it through to fruition
- BA/BS in marketing or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong project management and prioritization skills; Asana experience a plus
- 3+ years of experience of B2B demand generation experience in SaaS required
Within 1 month, you'll
- Complete Ramp Camp, our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits into Lever's broader organization.
- Architect your starter project: Innovate a new nurture program targeted at personas and their needs
- Review Customer Advisory Board notes, Prospect/Customer recordings to hear first-hand (e.g., Gong)
- Become familiar with tools (e.g., Asana, Marketo, Knak, and SFDC), Process, Reports, KPIs, Calendar, Messaging and Positioning, and Persona
- Become familiar with active campaigns, themes, and programs currently running
- Attend 1:1s with team members in Marketing and Sales
Within 3 months, you'll
- Set strategy and vision for the implementation of our demand generation marketing, specifically email strategy and execution
- Complete your starter project
- Own email execution of strategy, reporting, and analysis to inform quarterly strategic direction
- Own KPI metrics and set goals for the direct marketing channel
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand how best to tell our story through content engagement
- Master segmentation and persona journey
- Own flight calendar for direct marketing (in-house and third-party)
- Support the events team with webinars and virtual events (promotion, planning, and execution)
Within 6 months, you'll
- Work with the Growth team to execute A/B testing
- Own 50% of webinar planning and execution
- Own third-party planning for direct marketing, nurtures, and trigger-based activities
- Own monthly/quarterly prospect newsletter
- Own global direct marketing strategic execution
- Support for Win/Loss analysis incorporation into direct marketing strategy and design
- Execute direct marketing field/region support 1-2 a quarter to drive volume or velocity
Within 12 months, you'll
- Create strategic direction of in-house and third-party direct marketing
- Own all reporting and processes for direct marketing
Is this role not an exact fit?
The lever story
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Company name: Lever
Remote job title: Demand Generation Manager
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, business services, hr, recruitment