Content Writer Contract
Remote job description
Are you interested in championing a product that makes work better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer-everyone wins!
Who we are
Humu sends intelligent nudges to every person within a company. These small, scientifically-backed suggestions help each person build better habits, work smarter, and connect with their colleagues-and are the most effective way to drive positive change throughout an organization. We are a behavioral change start-up founded by Laszlo Bock, Wayne Crosby, and Dr. Jessie Wisdom, and a growing team with diverse backgrounds and expertise in the People and Product space.
What you'll get to work on
Humu's Nudge Engine? deploys thousands of customized nudges-small, personal steps-throughout organizations to empower every employee, manager, team, and leader as a change agent. Over time, our nudges grow increasingly aware of the timing, messaging, and motivational techniques that inspire individual employees towards action.
What you get to work on
As a member of Humu's Marketing Team, you will be responsible for combining science reporting and storytelling to help position Humu as an industry thought leader. You'll create content for a wide range of communication channels including web, email, print, media relations, blogs, eBooks, customer success stories, and other website content. This position will focus on creative content creation that strengthens and expands the purchase and usage of Humu and reinforces our overall brand, vision, and mission.
Where you fit in
We are committed to change the working world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into everyone's working lives, everywhere. We are passionate about our mission, and excited to collaborate with people who want to do the same - and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and product. If this is you, please apply!
Role and responsibilities:
- Develop, draft, and publish original content for Humu's blog
- Draft and edit short- and long-form content, including website copy, eBooks, white papers synthesizing findings across Humu customers, and case studies
- Work with marketing, sales, and outside partners on the development of additional content-including videos, one-pagers, and possible podcast episodes-to ensure consistency of tone and topic matter
- Be a champion for our style guide and tone of voice: Bring our brand voice, tone, and style guide to life by creating clear, consistent, and concise content
- Help shape Humu's broader brand and content strategy
- 4+ years professional writing experience
- At least 2+ years writing about or researching social science
- A knack for translating complex science and technical talk into people speak (we like our content to be easily understood)
- A portfolio of samples that demonstrate your skill and effectiveness at writing about and synthesizing social science
- An ability to be creative, precise, and consistent within a controlled vocabulary
- The ability to strategically prioritize multiple projects for yourself. You'll have plenty to do-know where your efforts will have the most impact
- Preferred, but not required: Experience writing for business audiences (e.g. specifically for managers, executives, etc)
- This contract role is open to remote candidates in the United States
Company name: Humu
Remote job title: Content Writer Contract
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, hr