Content Marketing Specialist
Remote job description
BRINC is striving to help all first responders by making products that quickly and effectively respond to 911 calls. Our vision is to have a mesh drone network system that gets to a 911 call in seconds rather than minutes or hours. This allows our responders to get eyes on what's happening whether it be a fire, medical emergencies, violence, or search and rescue. This vision is already in the works with the LEMUR S drone and BRINC Ball, tools that have become critical for law enforcement teams to gain critical insight and establish communication to de-escalate tense situations. We here at BRINC are excited to hire the best talent on the planet to help us bring this vision to a reality.
We are seeking a passionate and talented Content Marketing Specialist who is excited to help spread the message about BRINC solutions and their capabilities to save lives. This is a salaried role that reports to the Director of Marketing and can be remote (with a small amount of travel for projects and alignment meetings).
As the Content Marketing Specialist at BRINC, you would work closely with the Marketing and Design Departments to ideate and create content that moves the needle in introducing BRINC's life-saving technology to the world. This role does not require previous professional marketing or writing experience. We are really looking for a writer with great creativity, a passion for our mission to save lives through tech and a writing style that will resonate with our customers. This truly is a unique opportunity to gain experience and visibility at a growing organization.
- Create high-quality content that is useful to BRINC's target audience and further marketing initiatives as established by BRINC
- Contribute to a wide range of writing and editing projects including but not limited to: case studies, articles, blogs, whitepapers, e-books, infographics, emails, and landing pages
- Assist the Director of Marketing in maintaining a content calendar, and ideating new content ideas that creatively communicate the benefits of BRINC solutions
- Collaborate with designers, technologists, marketers, and others on creative projects and campaigns from conception to rollout
- Work with subject matter experts on thought leadership pieces that push the national narrative on policing and reducing police use of force
- Align with Sales and other teams to identify leading deployers of BRINC products, and connect with them to be featured on BRINC content platforms
- Solid editorial and/or content writing skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint).
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Able to adapt and learn quickly when in role
- Follow SEO best practices to drive web traffic, when applicable.
- Support the Marketing department with new and ongoing initiatives, such as webinars or customer events
- Passion and drive to work in a fast-moving startup solving big problems
- Experience writing about technology and/or technology products
- Basic knowledge of design software (Sketch, Figma and/or Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Familiarity with Wordpress, Asana, HubSpot or similar tools
- Knowledge or family experience in the public safety or law enforcement community
- Passion for technology that helps save lives
*As a part of our evaluation process, we will look for writing samples (inc: college papers, portfolio of professional work, etc.) and may ask you to complete a writing assignment to get a sense of your style, capabilities and knowledge of different content forms.
BRINC Culture Values:
- Try the hard stuff
- Be innovative - Invent the future
- Move fast
- Listen to end-users
- Strive for excellence
- Don't build a dystopia
- Be frugal
- Save lives through technology
If you're interested in this role and in joining BRINC, we hope you'll apply. We'd love to review your application and get to know more about you!
Brinc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is resolute in cultivating an environment that promotes safety, diversity, inclusion and equity. We're committed to hiring the best talent ?" regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances ?" and empowering every employee so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need, please let our recruiting team know - we strive to provide appropriate accommodation and assistance.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary based on the nature of your employment with Brinc and/or the country within which you work
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for our employees and their families
- 401K plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Paid time off
- Flexible work environment
- Orca pass (for those in puget sound)
- Free parking (Seattle and Las Vegas sites)
- Free snacks, drinks and espresso (Seattle office)
This role is salaried. Compensation listed below may also be included in an offer. This will be based on the nature of your employment with Brinc and/or the country (and state) within which you work.
- Equity (stock options)
- Relocation bonus
Company name: BRINC
Remote job title: Content Marketing Specialist