Remote job description
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 100 million people come to Stack Overflow's public platform every month making it one of the 50 most-visited websites in the world. Stack Overflow's products include a SaaS knowledge management and collaboration platform, Stack Overflow for Teams, in addition to Stack Overflow Advertising and Stack Overflow Talent. Organizations such as Bloomberg, Expensify, Instacart, Microsoft, Zapier, and more partner with Stack Overflow to help them centralize information, increase efficiency, and build faster. Founded in 2008, Stack Overflow is headquartered in New York.
About You: You're a writer who knows how to connect with developers and with the business decision makers who purchase software for teams of technologists. You're fluent in the memes and topics generating buzz on Hacker News and r/programming, but can also craft compelling articles around B2B topics like knowledge reuse, digital transformation, and remote team building. You'll produce original content for our blog, newsletter, podcast, and social media, as well as write on behalf of our leadership team and other employees.
Experience with a SaaS company, especially one focused on developers, collaboration, and software services is strongly preferred. An ideal candidate will be able to meld this with knowledge of a two sided marketplace, open source, and online communities. You're excited about building something (and fixing what isn't working). Above all, you're about getting results.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the Product, Community, and Sales teams to create compelling ideas for content projects that can engage our community, grow our online audience, and support our lines of business.
- Help to research and write in-depth case studies and white papers about the value our tools bring to clients and community. Integrate written analysis with data and graphics to make your message shine.
- Craft articles, ebooks, and white papers on B2B topics that will strike a cord with potential customers for Stack Overflow for Teams, our knowledge management product that is quickly becoming the industry standard.
- Partner with the Demand Gen team to manage our social media operations, ensuring that we connect with the developers who use our public sites everyday, and the potential customers who have business challenges we can solve, but may not be as familiar with our brand.
Who you'll be working with:
- You'll work with colleagues on the Content Marketing team to generate blog posts, case studies, and thought leadership.
- Interface with the Product Marketing team to ensure that B2B content aligns with our messaging and is targeting the right buyer persona.
- Work with the Demand Gen team to craft pieces which generate awareness and compliment their more direct efforts to build pipeline.
- Manage our social media operations, ensuring that we connect with the developers who use our public sites everyday, and the potential customers who have business challenges we can solve, but may not be as familiar with our brand.
What you need to have:
- 3-5 years of writing experience, with experience communicating to developers and software purchasers preferred.
- Familiarity with the online communities where developers and people who hire developers congregate.
- Insight into the most important trends in the SaaS space and what motivates potential customers.
- Fluency in social media and the topics that are connecting with developers, engineers, hiring managers, and CTOs/CIOs.
- Empathy for, and understanding of, developers (how they think, work, learn, communicate, and find jobs).
- Proficient with developer marketing tactics and techniques.
- Experience crafting B2B content for SaaS products and services
- Familiarity with content marketing and product marketing best practices.
- Social media management skills
The Opportunity: Sit at the intersection of a fast growing SaaS business and one of the world's largest and most engaged communities for developers and technologists. Manage social media that reaches over 1 million followers and draws on content from owned channels - blog, podcast, newsletter - which collectively reach an audience of more than 3 million each month.
- If this job interests you but you aren't certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway - we value different perspectives and experience.
- We'll only consider applications with a cover letter - please make sure to include yours and tell us what you'll bring to the team.
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- If you want to work remotely…. We'll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You'll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We're a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening September 6, 2021, and won't require employees to return to the office for the rest of the year), you'll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
- Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
- Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.Summary
Company: Stack Exchange
Job title: Content Marketer
Job tags: advertising, business services, labour, media, recruitment