Content Design Lead Support
Remote job description
We're looking for a talented Content Design Lead to join our design team in London. You'll be embedded in the Support tribe as a key strategic partner as we grow our product offering - and fly the flag for good content and its impact on our customers' experience. You'll build up the content design practice in Support - hiring, developing and mentoring the content designers working on our growing number of products.
How you'll be contributing:
- You'll get to know Wise's customers, building empathy and deep understanding of their needs - and use this knowledge to build products and features that support them.
- You'll use your expertise to coordinate and support content designers in your teams to discover, design and deliver simple, beautifully crafted, intuitive experiences that customers love.
- You'll take a bird's eye view of the bigger picture, guiding your team to increase the customer-centricity, creativity, and content quality in your area of the product.
- You'll work with discipline leads to create, maintain or pivot the strategic vision for the product - particularly from a content perspective - spotting the opportunities for content designers to have the biggest impact.
- You'll line manage and mentor the content designers in your teams, and build the discipline as opportunities arise. You'll take an overview of existing content and create a plan for increasing quality across the whole of Wise.
In this role you'll:
- Ship work you're proud of.
- Own your impact. You'll guide your writers to have individual and group impact on the content in their teams, and will help define what the squad priorities are.
- Elevate product quality. You define what 'good' looks like to your squad. And you help the teams deliver it.
- Be part of a positive change in the world. We're fixing a broken, greedy system, and putting people and businesses in control of their money.
You're an experienced content designer with a strong background creating clear, effective and empathic content for apps and services, and have some experience leading in a product environment - be it projects, initiatives or people.
- You've got solid experience in content design or UX writing and have helped build digital products across both mobile and web interfaces - with a portfolio of impactful work to show for it.
- You've worked on strategic projects, have experience planning and organising workflows, running workshops, ideating and prioritising the outcomes..
- You have experience managing people (ideally, but not necessarily, in a product environment).
- You're always happy to explain your process, and demonstrate how content solves real customer problems - proving impact and advocating for content design's power.
- You're collaborative and set a strong example with your ways of working, by teaching and building conviction in others - across teams, offices and cultures.
- You can give and receive feedback sensitively and constructively, and you're always keen to learn.
- And as a heads up, this probably isn't for you if
- Your experience is mostly in marketing content, advertising, copywriting, journalism or social media and you have no hands-on content design experience.
- You need a structured briefing process to do your best work - here we expect everyone to shape the way they work and the impact they have on the product.
We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we'd especially love to hear from you if you're from an under-represented demographic.
Also, academic qualifications aren't that important to us. If you've got great experience, and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Content Design Lead Support
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy