Remote job description
Otrium is a purpose-led business - we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don't need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that's remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here's to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
As our Brand Designer, you'll be delivering different kinds of visual output for all of our channels. This role is ideal for a candidate ready to make the transition from senior graphic designer or digital designer, for example. This is a hands-on role where you'll contribute design work. You'll have a front seat to our branding strategy and will be working closely with our Brand Director and Creative Content Lead (plus other cross-functional teams) to roll-out our guidelines and to help champion the future of our aesthetic. You have strong technical graphic design skills across Adobe CS and can work on the execution of different visuals, designs, and animations with both offline and online experience. You report to our Brand Director.
Role and Responsibilities
- You work closely together with the Brand team to execute upon our vision, strategy, and campaign briefs. Being able to visually translate briefs and concepts, and bringing your own ideas to the table as well;
- Create distinctive visuals and content for ads, organic social and other performance channels;
- Close contact with our Growth team to understand what works on our touchpoints and propose your visual ideas to improve them;
- Being a creative problem solver who is able to "show your work": Expressing your vision with references, clarity, and enthusiasm;
- Organized and diligent: Clean Google Drive folders, presentations, moodboards, and master work files make all of us happy;
- Support ideation and execution of shoots (video and photo) to help us bring campaigns and collections to life;
- Develop business requests into creative concepts.
- You are...
Really excited about bringing your experience to Otrium to support our next phase of expansion. These are the skills and experience we hope you bring:
- 4-6 years experience at a similar lifestyle, fashion, or DTC brand, or client-facing agency experience. This role is suited for experienced candidates rather than a recent graduates;
- Master in Adobe Creative Suite-in particular Photoshop, AfterEffects, XD, and Illustrator. Motion graphic experience is a plus;
- Ability to put collaboration first and foremost with exceptional follow-through and initiative;
- Knowledge of function and scope of major social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok);
- Comfortable collaborating in English (written and verbally); another European language is always an asset. Our office is an English environment;
- A strong portfolio of assets with your application. A small work assignment may be required to better understand your creative thinking and approach;
- Pragmatic and hands-on, you are able to get things done
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Only together - We are a human business. We are empathetic. We are inclusive. We care about each other, our customers and partners. We know that developing innovative solutions in today's fast-pace world is complex. It takes more than one person to succeed!
- #Humble and Real - We are grateful, we are humble, we are open. We listen, we learn, we share. We're modest and always open to the possibilities and different perspectives.
- #We own it - We are passionate, high performing, we drive for output. We bring things home! We are agile and adaptable problem solvers. Prepared to fail and learn fast, we embrace and share mistakes so that we learn from them.
- Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
- We look forward to hearing from you!
Company name: Otrium
Remote job title: Brand Designer
Job tags: e-commerce, fashion & luxury