Audience Growth Associate
Remote job description
Are you good at writing compelling and engaging marketing copy and designing effective digital marketing campaigns? Are you creative, organized, and tech-savvy? Are you excited to be part of a news organization that has a social impact focus and an open, teamwork-focused culture? Read on.
You have a background in digital marketing and strong interest in or knowledge of global development. You're detail-oriented and have an open and collaborative attitude. You thrive in an environment where you're responsible for your own work (while getting the support you need). You know how to manage competing priorities and smoothly juggle work and communicate across time zones.
Does this sound like you? If you just said "yes," keep reading?
What you'll do here
We are looking for an audience growth associate to grow and engage our audiences on- and off-platform. That means using email marketing, landing pages, ads, and social media to invite relevant people to sign up for Devex events and our newsletters, and to check out our latest content series.
For each initiative, you'll focus on:
- Identifying the right audiences to engage with
- Reaching them through email, ads, social media, and landing pages
- Developing and testing email campaigns and marketing flows
- Capturing data and measuring results
Your first year will look a little bit like this?
In your first 90 days, you'll focus on writing compelling marketing emails and getting up-to-speed on our software platforms and products.
Your responsibilities will grow to include:
- Developing a digital marketing strategy for major events, content series, and newsletter launches
- Mastering the execution, measurement, and iteration of digital marketing campaigns
- Working with graphic designers to develop webpages and house ads
- Designing and implementing digital marketing multivariate experiments
- Developing marketing analytics to measure impact, inform decision making, and guide strategy
After your first year, you'll have a strong grasp of our audiences and the global development community. You'll have developed relevant contact lists and gained a deep understanding of what our audience is looking for. You'll have helped Devex secure audiences for multiple major conferences and events, content series, and newsletter launches.Qualifications
Here are the basic requirements we're looking for in the role?
- At least 2-4 years of digital marketing experience
- Excellent marketing copywriting skills, including the ability to write captivating copy for multiple channels including web, display, email, and social
- Proficiency with marketing automation and email marketing platforms
- Basic HTML skills or willingness to learn
- Interest in global development, social impact, international affairs and the ever-changing media industry
- A bachelor's degree
Besides the basics, here's what we'd love to see?
- You haven't just heard of the Gates Foundation and the World Bank; you know what they do and how they work
- Experience working at a well-respected media organization
- Direct experience using Marketo
- Experience with running A/B and multivariate tests and translating findings into strategy
What We Offer You
Being part of the Devex team is a partnership. We strive to make Devex a place where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are a few benefits we offer:
- 2, week-long Devex-wide breaks
- 2 YAY days
- 2 Learning days
- Monthly professional and wellness activities
- Other benefits might apply
We encourage applications from all backgrounds! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Devex. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Company name: Devex
Remote job title: Audience Growth Associate