Senior Counsel, Product
Remote job description
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we've built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
- We're growing and looking for...
- We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and innovative attorney to join our product counsel team as Senior Counsel, reporting to the Associate General Counsel, Product at Robinhood. In this role, you'll partner directly with our product, engineering and compliance teams on product launches. The successful candidate will be an engaged and resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and excellent at building strong relationships. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to our mission to democratize finance for all.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Provide end-to-end counseling on a range of retail products, including those that touch upon brokerage, payments, cryptocurrency and banking related products and services, working collaboratively with colleagues and cross-functional stakeholders across the company
- Respond promptly to a wide range of complex legal requests and coordinate closely with your team and outside counsel to deliver practical, timely and high-quality advice
- Identify and assess business and legal risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving product goals
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Advise on, review, draft, and negotiate deals and agreements in support of new products and partnerships
- Develop trusted relationships to facilitate a coordinated team approach to launching new products and features
- Be a business partner, and think like a proactive product owner not just a legal advisor
- Pitch in on whatever legal work needs doing, whenever it needs to be done
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Membership in at least 1 U.S. State Bar, with good standing
- 3+ years of relevant work experience across a law firm, government agency or a fast-paced technology, financial services, banking, payments, brokerage or other fintech company
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, phenomenal ability to communicate information effectively internally and externally, including to non-legal audiences, and to drive cross-functional alignment and action
- Execution-oriented mindset with the humility, drive, and creativity to get things done
Experience working with broker-dealers or crypto assets
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission-we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job's working model.
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: Senior Counsel, Product
Job tags: transaction fees, analytics, mobile