Senior Counsel, Commercial
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We're looking for a talented, tech-forward commercial lawyer with a minimum of 7+ years of legal experience focused on contract drafting and negotiations. As Commercial Counsel at Reddit, you will work directly with senior business leaders to structure and spearhead novel technology transactions involving complex, evolving legal issues that have an outsized impact on Reddit's rapidly-growing business. Specifically, you will lead data licensing and IP transactions negotiations and also support procurement (e.g., SAAS, cloud, professional services) and online advertising deals.
Location: Remote (US)
What You'll Do:
- You'll be a strategic and pragmatic legal partner to our business development team, ad sales teams, procurement and other internal clients as they plan and execute their roadmap.
- You'll draft bespoke contract templates to support our new data licensing business and negotiate a wide variety of agreements including first of a kind contracts and templates across Reddit's business.
- You'll draft scaled agreements such as click-to-accept and terms of service, where appropriate.
- You'll help build commercial processes that allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
- You'll provide practical and creative legal advice on risks, complex agreement structures and company policies.
- You'll effectively collaborate with business leaders, cross-functional teams and legal colleagues to solve problems and close deals quickly.
- You'll design, build, and improve commercial processes such as commercial playbooks and workflows to keep up with growth.
What We're Looking For:
- Superior negotiating, drafting, analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills, with experience in drafting and reviewing a broad spectrum of agreements.
- You have very strong soft skills: You have the ability to build strong relationships with legal team members, colleagues and internal stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- You have a get to "yes" approach in working with the business.
- You love process and scale: You look for opportunities to build out processes, playbooks and training in order to make the business and legal team more effective.
- You are team oriented and an experienced legal manager in a diverse environment, and enjoy motivating legal team members. You are committed to DEI and enabling your team members' performance and career growth.
- You have good judgment, with the ability to advise clients under tight deadlines and varying levels of risk, while keeping client satisfaction through quick but reliable decision-making.
- You are comfortable negotiating with senior business leaders at top companies.
- 7+ years of legal experience, preferably at technology or media companies with experience in negotiating data licensing, technology, and online advertising contracts.
- JD, current license in a state bar in the United States.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.The base pay range for this position is:
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Counsel, Commercial
Job tags: Online Advertising, State Bar, licensing