Remote job description
What's it all about?
At Wise, our customers trust us when it comes to their Security and Privacy and our in-house Privacy team is growing.
The global Privacy Team looks after all jurisdictions and you'll be expected to take ownership of topics from Day 1 with genuine autonomy - one of the things that makes Wise different and exciting. You'll be faced with a huge variety of privacy challenges and have the opportunity to be recognised as the Wise expert on cutting-edge topics by researching and working with other teams to implement solutions that work for our customers and Wise.
The business looks to the Privacy Team to help solve their problems and understand their privacy risks. You'll drive the appropriate strategies and capabilities with multiple business, technology and support teams to fulfil our own unique commitment to transparency. You'll be encouraged to develop relationships with other Wisers all the way up to senior management. By gaining the trust of internal teams, you'll be involved in their projects from start to finish.
Along the way, you'll benefit from the support of a tight-knit Privacy team, the wider Legal tribe and the other teams at Wise - everyone wants to help you live your best life at Wise and contribute to the Wise Mission..
This role will be in London or Tallinn to co-locate with other members of the Wise Privacy and Legal teams.
What You'll Work On
- Once you are in the role you will work on the following
- As a subject matter expert you will be responsible for supporting and advising on all matters surrounding data protection/privacy.
- Together with the team, own the impact of Privacy Regulations on Wise, including both customer and employee personal data.
- Be a primary point of contact for Privacy questions raised by the business and own them through to resolution.
- Play a full part in the global Privacy Team in managing business as usual tasks and global privacy initiatives.
- Partner with all key business areas to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new projects/initiatives (Privacy by Design), including leading on privacy projects and giving support to the wider Legal and Information Security domains.
- Developing and delivering privacy training to business functions to raise employee awareness.
- Support periodic audits of data protection and information security compliance within the firm.
- Draft Data Protection Agreements and assist teams with negotiations with third parties.
- Assist with the fulfilment of data subject rights requests, third party contract reviews, and the investigation, resolution and reporting of data privacy complaints and breaches.
- Advise on and lead privacy risk assessments, DPIAs and LIAs.
- Horizon-scan for new developments in Privacy Regulations and keep the relevant stakeholders informed.
To thrive in this role, you will be a self-starter, a great influencer and communicator, and have a love of learning. You will be comfortable working in grey areas and making judgement calls at speed. You will be obsessed with detail and happy handling competing priorities and differences of opinion. You will be a leader, with a strong sense of self and the desire and will to make a difference. You will have strong project management skills, and be able to work independently and go through walls to get it done, but also enjoy collaborating with others. You will like shining a light on seemingly hairy problems and collaborating with cross-functional teams to find practical solutions. And you will enjoy bringing the subject of privacy to life for people with a bit of lightness along the way:
- Expert knowledge and experience of the GDPR as well as familiarity with Data Protection and Privacy laws and regulations in a number of other jurisdictions
- Thrive in an environment where you have to get to know people, the Wise product and the technology that underpins it
- Able to use a range of communication and influencing techniques to successfully negotiate, collaborate or effect change with different stakeholders at all levels within the business
- Self-starter, confident working in a matrix environment.
- A team player with an enthusiastic, positive and proactive mind-set, willing to support teams in achieving their goals and objectives.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and a willingness to provide assistance and share experiences.
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast-paced fun and dynamic environment.
- Relevant privacy qualification.
- Legal background.
- Tech or FinTech experience.
- We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you've got great experience, the right skills for the role and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Privacy Expert
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy