Legal Operations Manager
Remote job description
Seso is the first end-to-end recruiting and workforce management platform for the agriculture industry. Our mission is to provide agricultural workers with meaningful, safe employment opportunities; provide security for the most critical aspects of America's food production system; and reduce admin costs to employers through software. We are addressing American farmers' biggest pain point - access to qualified labor - through a software-enabled labor solution that automates the H-2A visa, an uncapped visa for seasonal farmworkers.
Today, Seso enables farms to digitally track applicants and onboard workers, streamlines the H-2A application process, ensures workers arrive at the farm on-time, and simplifies compliance. Long term, the Company is creating a comprehensive HR platform that helps agribusiness seamlessly integrate their efforts across recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and insurance while providing workers access to financial services for the first time. Similar to how Salesforce has tied together business systems around a common customer identity, Seso is solidifying all of a farm's worker-facing systems around a common employee identity, making it the centerpiece of a unified schema that spans a farm's back-office.
About the Role
Seso's mission is all about helping everyone thrive. Not only are we helping our farms get the labor that they need to survive and thrive in the modern world, but also helping farmworkers come here legally with H-2A Visas and support their families with dignity.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our rapidly growing Operations team. With limited supervision you will consult with clients on their H-2A obligations, distill complex regulatory information and coordinate with government agencies on their behalf. You will have a pivotal role in shaping how Seso's platform evolves to address customer pain points. As an early hire, you will have unparalleled opportunity for ownership and growth within the company.
- Operations Management:
- Collect and prepare all necessary documentation for H-2A applications with strict deadlines
- Ensure that H-2A applications are free of mistakes and include all essential information required to meet H-2A regulations
- Communicate on behalf of clients with State Workforce Agencies, Department of Labor, and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on complex issues
- Trusted Advisor:
- Communicate complex concepts and priorities clearly live and asynchronously to both audiences that have had extensive H-2A experience and those that just started.
- Set expectations clearly and maintain high engagement and satisfaction across a broad group of customers.
- Customer Advocate:
- Advocate for process and product improvements that solve customer pain points
- 1-3 years of operations management experience
- 1-3 Paralegal or Legal experience preferred
- Spanish speaking highly preferred
- Experience using operations management software
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize, delegate, multi-task and execute
- Superior communications skills (presentation, written, & verbal) in order to communicate effectively across levels and organizations
- Ability to independently navigate complex and emotional situations in a professional manner
- You have a demonstrable interest in agriculture and improving the lives of farmers and farmworkers is ideal
- Talented and fun teammates who don't take themselves too seriously
- Competitive Salary and meaningful equity
- Excellent medical and dental insurance plans
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation
- Budget and support for personal development
- Last week of the year off for company wide winter break
- Company sponsored team events
Seso Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Seso Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Company name: Seso
Remote job title: Legal Operations Manager
Job tags: software