Legal Operations Manager
Remote job description
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance? 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials? 2021
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for an experienced Legal Operations professional to support the operations of its legal team and function. This is a generalist role that involves managing and supporting projects across the full range of subject matter supported by the legal team. You must be able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans.
We are looking for an experienced and inspiring professional and one who is highly adaptable and collaborative. This role will report to the Head of Legal Operations.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Supporting legal team operations, project/matter tracking, and team and professional development
- Identify, create, and improve legal workflows, focusing on efficiency, scale and operational excellence
- Administering and project managing legal team programs
- Administering legal vendors such as outside counsel
- Sourcing and implementing legal technology and tools
- Assist in preparing reports and metrics
- Drive strategic projects for the Legal team and collaborate with cross functional stakeholders.
- Special projects, as needed
- A bachelor's degree or higher, preferred
- 5+ years experience in the areas of legal operations or legal program management in-house or at a law firm
- Experience implementing and managing legal technology solutions, including change management
- Experience building cross-functional company relationships and leading cross-functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical capabilities, organizational skills, and dedication to the details
- Sense of ownership and exceptional follow through skills are absolutely essential
- Proactive entrepreneurial approach to recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions
- Comfortable working independently and remotely with general direction, handling ambiguity, and managing up and across as needed to meet goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Experience in-house within a hyper-growth company (preferably tech) in a legal operations lead role
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission-we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: Legal Operations Manager
Job tags: transaction fees, analytics, mobile