Remote job description
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped over 20 million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have more than 3000 people, based in 20 offices around the world, working on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut's growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut's ongoing development and growth.
The Disputes Counsel (Contentious Regulatory) role will be responsible for the day to day management of a broad range of contentious financial regulatory matters on behalf of the company. The role will focus on the UK but may also include assistance with matters in other jurisdictions. The workload is likely to be very varied and advice could be required in relation to any of the numerous products and services offered by the company.
Reporting to Lead Disputes Counsel, you will focus on the strategic mitigation of contentious regulatory risk to the business and the management of investigations. You will be joining a small, but growing Disputes & Investigations team, with opportunities for career advancement as the team and wider business grows.
What you'll be doing
- Driving strategic responses and timely resolution of contentious regulatory matters, including managing internal investigations for the Group
- Pro-actively identifying and managing contentious regulatory risk
- Making recommendations to improve controls and processes and assisting with corporate governance as required
- Assisting with any regulatory aspects of litigation or arbitration matters and developing case strategy in partnership with business units
- Leading on responses to regulator enquiries globally and developing scalable processes to ensure a consistent framework across the Revolut Group Managing outside counsel where appropriate
- Drafting, reviewing and approving correspondence with regulators
- Coordinating disclosure, including collection and production of materials
- Advising business functions on a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious regulatory issues
- Keeping management and business units apprised of regulatory developments and strategy
What you'll need
- Experience in all phases of a variety of contentious financial regulatory matters and investigations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and drafting skills
- Demonstrable leadership skills and strategic focus
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build excellent working relationships with all levels of management and work on cross-functional teams
- Ability to excel both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrable ability to work in fast-paced environments and make sound judgements under tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, to meet deadlines
- Common sense and a good sense of humour
- Thrive working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment
- Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
- By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.
Company name: Revolut
Remote job title: Legal Counsel
Job tags: fintech, forex