Compliance Monitoring & Testing Officer
Remote job description
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Funding Circle had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within "Corporate Functions". The engine of Funding Circle - we keep the business running. Whatever the discipline, we turn dreams into reality and help small businesses to win.
What will you be doing?
The Compliance Monitoring and Testing (M&T) Officer is a member of the US Compliance M&T Team. The US Compliance M&T Team is a part of the larger Global Compliance Team which is an essential component of Funding Circle's second line of defence risk framework. The Compliance Team advises and challenges the Business Teams with respect to compliance with regulatory requirements and Funding Circle policies, and the Compliance M&T Team, in particular, monitors and tests the Business Teams adherence to those requirements and policies to provide assurance to senior management and the Board of Directors. Your role will be to work closely with your Compliance and Business Team colleagues to fully deploy the Compliance M&T program in the US. Your reporting will provide the Legal and Compliance Leadership Team and Senior Business Management with a clear picture of how the business is complying with its obligations, identify areas for development and make constructive recommendations for improvement.
- Under the direction of the Global Head of Compliance Monitoring and Testing and the Chief Compliance Officer, plan and implement the Funding Circle USA compliance monitoring and testing program.
- Present and discuss initial findings with business heads and compliance management, dealing with any challenge in a constructive and professional way. Escalate any material issues promptly and effectively.
- Keep management and the compliance team informed and updated with progress. Ensure monitoring and testing findings are recorded in appropriate systems and follow-up with the first line and management on the resolution and closure of open issues.
- Ensure that risk areas identified during the monitoring and testing program are documented and managed and that risks are escalated to the relevant business team managers and to Compliance Leadership.
- As requested, and under the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer, provide advice to Business Teams and management on key compliance themes and issues, including those identified by Compliance Monitoring and Testing.
- On occasion, review and approve marketing materials, business standards and other compliance related materials.
- Carry out other work as directed by the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Minimum of 3 years Compliance Testing or Auditing experience. knowledge of Financial Services regulation would be an advantage.
- Practical knowledge of risk management, and monitoring and testing/auditing best practices.
- Great communicator - strong oral and written communications skills and an ability to influence and cooperate
- Curious - always seek to understand the root cause of any issue
- Entrepreneurial/self-starter - you may need to work independently to deliver significant volumes of work
- Commercial and practical approach to challenging issues with an ability to remain objective and independent
- Dynamic - you will be ambitious and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Determined - you will understand and overcome obstacles
Why should you join us?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We work in a way unlike any other public company. Start-up spirit. Real work life balance. We can feed the curious with work that's varied, creative and surprising.
Think big remits and huge ownership to accelerate your marketability. Smart minds moving fast to make great things happen in a continuous learning environment. All voices heard in an inclusive culture that's built around unlocking potential.
This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say "I was there". Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many - including yours.
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible Work Hours
- Monthly Lifestyle subsidy
- Spring Health EAP
- Generous Parental Leave
- No Cost Healthcare Options
- PPO, HMO options available
- 401(k) Retirement Match- Vests Right Away!
- Commuter Benefit, WFH subsidy
- Career Development Resources
- It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.
- Colorado Only* Base Salary range of $75,000 to $93,000 + equity + benefits
The health and safety of Funding Circle employees is our top priority. Therefore, as a condition of employment, Funding Circle requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based new hires beginning October 1, 2021. Reasonable accommodations will be made for medical or religious reasons consistent with applicable laws.
Company name: Funding Circle
Remote job title: Compliance Monitoring & Testing Officer
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, lending, smb