Compliance Manager Cyprus
Remote job description
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 20+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 5000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut's products and processes meet the regulatory requirements and translate this into the best customer outcomes. They've got outstanding ability to find solutions and carry out testing in a purely digital environment. Those data-driven experts know that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing conduct risk.
We're looking for a Compliance Manager to ensure that the Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering Control Frameworks of Revolut are fully operating effectively against money laundering. A professional excited to design, lead and shape the future of oversight and compliance. A sharp mind who can quickly identify money laundering risk and maintain our systems and controls, considering a range of factors. Be warned, this is a very hands-on role.
Up for the challenge? Let's get in touch!
What you'll be doing
- Defining, developing, managing, refining and documenting the Financial Crime and AML Program to manage all sources of regulatory risk and provide reporting which meets the needs of the regulator, local and Group management
- Working closely with the Group FinCrime function and other senior managers across the business to identify, assess, update and mitigate the regulatory compliance risks posed to Revolut and determining the priorities and resources required to effectively control them
- Determining identification and verification standards for customer take-on and AML compliance
- Managing the suspicious activity reporting process, internally and externally
- Communicating with all necessary staff to ensure they understand their responsibilities and are trained in Revolut policies and procedures to identify financial crime, escalate suspicious activity by making internal reports and make external reports to the regulators and other law enforcement bodies in a timely manner
- Receiving and promptly responding to enquiries from law enforcement agencies
- Continuously developing, enhancing and embedding the financial crime and AML risk framework for managing key regulatory risks across the firm, ensuring that all processes are fit for purpose
- Serving as a liaison to the local authorities, managing filings to the local Financial Investigation Unit
- Supporting the business where necessary regarding the launch of products to ensure regulatory requirements are met, as appropriate
- Working cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Collaborating with internal Compliance teams (such as Financial Crime, Compliance Operations, Risk & Controls) to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate those regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements
- Partnering with Product Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements
What you'll need
- A bachelor's degree, with a relevant Master's Degree preferred or a professional qualification from an internationally recognised body (e.g ICA, ACAMS)
- 5+ years of experience in a an MLRO role
- Team management skills including the ability to oversee compliance and control activities within a global payment processing environment
- Knowledge and experience of best practice in financial services regulation, fraud detection methodologies, and emerging practice in financial crime and money laundering typologies
- Good communication skills with the ability to motivate others
- Ability to exercise oversight, knowledge and understanding of financial crime and AML policies, procedures and control arrangements in a complex financial operation
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution
- Deep knowledge of the EU regulatory environment and key financial crime regimes
- Understanding of payment systems and markets with a focus on technology and mobile applications
- Fluent English
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.
Company name: Revolut
Remote job title: Compliance Manager Cyprus
Job tags: fintech, forex