Associate General Counsel, Product
Remote job description
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance? 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials? 2021
We're growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and innovative attorney to lead our crypto products legal team. This role will partner with senior executives throughout the company to help launch new crypto based products and grow Robinhood's crypto business. This role reports to our Associate General Counsel, Products and is based in our Menlo Park, CA Headquarters. This position will be instrumental in protecting and building trust in the Robinhood brand and enabling Robinhood to carry out its mission to democratize finance for all.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Leading, managing, and mentoring a team of attorneys focused on counseling Robinhood's crypto products
- Providing end-to-end counseling for Robinhood's crypto products and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Working cross-functionally with legal team members and professionals from other teams such as compliance, regulatory, privacy, commercial, corporate, and litigation, to achieve desired business outcomes
- Identifying and evaluating business and legal risks with new product and feature launches, and finding creative ways to mitigate them while meeting business goals
- Developing and driving comprehensive, long-term legal strategies that balance risk and business objectives, creating efficiencies in the product launch process
- Engaging with regulators and providing thought leadership and strategic direction on novel digital currency, blockchain technology legal and regulatory issues
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the legal team and providing best in class legal services to the company and internal clients
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Membership in at least 1 U.S. State Bar, with good standing
- 12+ years of legal practice, including extensive product counseling experience
- Experience advising product, engineering, design and marketing teams on launching new products and features, owning projects from concept to launch, expansion, or sunset
- Superior analytical skills and familiarity with the crypto legal landscape, including regulatory regimes for financial instruments such as securities, commodities and derivatives laws and regulations, money transmission / money services business laws, banking and payment services regulations, AML/KYC/sanctions rules, privacy and data governance as applied to new blockchain technologies, ongoing entity compliance and corporate governance
- Experience counseling products and teams internationally
- Experience building and leading diverse teams, acting both as a coach or a team player
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, phenomenal ability to communicate information effectively internally and externally, including to non-legal audiences, and to drive cross-functional alignment and action collaboratively
- Execution oriented one-team mindset with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get things done
- Experience working at technology companies and/or startup organizations
- Deep background in the financial services, fintech or payments industry
- Technical education or background
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission-we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: Associate General Counsel, Product
Job tags: transaction fees, analytics, mobile