Assistant General Counsel, Regulatory Policy
Remote job description
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we've built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
We're growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and innovative attorney to join our Government Affairs team focusing on regulatory policy. This role reports to our VP & Deputy General Counsel of Litigation and Government Affairs and will work closely with Robinhood's Regulatory legal team, among other cross-functional partners. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly adaptable and collaborative team player to join a growing company and contribute to Robinhood's mission to democratize finance for all.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Identify and lead the development of key regulatory policy positions and strategies.
- Lead the company's response to state and federal rulemakings, including drafting comments letters and other policy materials, and engaging directly with state and federal regulators.
- Track and analyze regulatory policy developments for senior management and cross-functional compliance, communications and business counterparts.
- [insert one bullet on regulatory projects]
- Engage with outside counsel, consultants, trade associations and other third-party partners on regulatory policy matters.
- Work closely with other members of the Legal team and cross-functional teams on a variety of regulatory and policy matters.
- Represent the company on industry panels and at other events addressing relevant regulatory policy matters.
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Membership in at least 1 U.S. State Bar, with good standing
- 10+ years of legal practice, including extensive regulatory policy experience
- Significant experience working for a federal or state securities regulator or self-regulatory organization
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills; phenomenal ability to communicate information effectively internally and externally, including to non-legal audiences, and to drive cross-functional alignment and action
- Execution oriented mindset with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get things done
- Deep background in the financial services, fintech or payments industry
- Technical education or background
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission?"we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: Assistant General Counsel, Regulatory Policy
Job tags: State Bar, Securities, Cross-functional Team Leadership