Assistant General Counsel, Corporate
Remote job description
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We're seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for an experienced corporate counsel to support our equity programs, securities compliance, corporate transactions and corporate governance matters. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly adaptable and collaborative team player to join a growing company and contribute to Robinhood's mission to democratize finance for all.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Advising on domestic and international equity compensation and equity plan matters, including drafting and maintaining equity award agreement forms
- Advising on all executive and director compensation matters
- Supporting Board and Committee meetings, in particular the meetings and operations of the People and Compensation Committee
- Administering Robinhood's Insider Trading Policy and 10b5-1 plans
- Managing Section 16 reporting (Forms 3, 4 and 5), Schedule 13D and 13G filings and S-8s filings
- Primary responsibility for drafting the annual Compensation Discussion and Analysis in the Proxy Statement
- Assisting as needed with disclosure matters related to 8-Ks, 10-Ks, 10-Qs and other SEC filings
- Assisting with corporate administration efforts, including compliance with relevant international, federal, and state laws and subsidiary administration
- Collaborating cross-functionally with HR, Finance, senior leadership and other members of the Robinhood team
- Leading or partnering on other special or miscellaneous projects as needed
- Managing and partnering with outside counsel
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Membership in at least 1 U.S. State Bar, with good standing
- 7+ years of relevant experience at a major law firm or in house
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong attention to detail; phenomenal ability to communicate information effectively internally and externally and to drive cross-functional alignment and action
- Execution-oriented mindset with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get things done
- Experience with public technology and/or financial services companies a plus but not required
CO Residents: In Colorado, the base pay for this position ranges from $179000 - $238000.
NYC Residents: In NYC, the base pay for this position ranges from $230000 - $270000.
This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus and participation in Robinhood's equity plan.
Base pay is determined by market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Please note, some of our roles are open to additional levels which would impact the expected base pay.
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission?"we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood's Benefits.
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job's working model.
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: Assistant General Counsel, Corporate
Job tags: transaction fees, analytics, mobile