Front-end Responsive Developer
We are a distributed close-knit 100% remote team of developers and marketers, with a large stable of satisfied clients developed over 20+ years. We see every project as an opportunity to build or strengthen a partnership with our clients and their customers.
We teleconference regularly, and Slack almost constantly, so we need someone with proficiency in written and verbal English.
You'll need to be good at collaborating with teammates, and working with designers as well as clients to discover solutions to their needs; while also finding the right balance between innovation and efficiency.
You will also need experience building pages and interfaces for phones and tablets, as well as diverse desktop users, including 65+.
The "Graphic Language Employee" is self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, enjoys wearing many hats, takes pride in their work, thinks out of the box but also values process and collaboration. We are a small, flat organization that values team-work rather than heroes - but hard work and growth within the Company is acknowledged and rewarded.
We pride ourselves on delivering custom enterprise-level business solutions for our clients that reflect their unique business offering. We win awards because we strive to be different while also delivering thebest experience for the end user. We are looking to add team members whostrive forthese same values in their work.
All applicants must be US Citizens, we are not looking to work with an out-sourcing company.
You will be working with a cross-functional team of designers, front-end, and backend developers to build device-independent websites and web apps.
You'll be improving legacy HTML+CSS components, building new web components (for users as well as admin interfaces), and also adding to a design library of reusable components.
You'll learn and investigate new technologies and techniques, and teach teammates new stuff you're excited about.
You will need to document your work and keep fairly meticulous records, and we regularly learn and teach each other from this documentation.
- Creating Responsive pages (especially Mobile)
- Empathetic interfaces (such as keyboard controls, form markup, and design for A11y)
- Git (and some comfort with Pull Requests)
- CSS (and browser testing)
- Semantic HTML
- Angular (any version)
- Proficiency working with a backend technology like Ruby, Python, NodeJS, PHP, or others
- Proficiency creating/working with APIs using Rails, Django, Angular, Laravel, Codeigniter, or others
- Transpiling tools like LESS/SASS, Babel/ES6, etc
- Advanced CSS workflows like BEM, OOCSS, SMACSS
- Proficiency creating interfaces around 3rd-party packages, especially Maps
- Customizing and hosting mapping tiles (openmaptiles.org, similar)
- Advanced Accessibility, including screen readers or other assistive technologies
Mid-Level Front-end Responsive Developer