VP of Payroll
Remote job description
Remote is solving global remote organizations' biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you're interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as VP of Payroll. As an inspiring leader, a dynamic, engaging and energetic professional, the VP of Payroll will own the strategic planning, implementing overseeing and scaling of our company's daily Benefits and Payroll teams. As this function is crucial for the success of our business, we want you to have a strong sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success
What this job can offer you
- Directly responsible for the success of our Payroll globally.
- Planning, implementing and managing the overall long-term Payroll strategy.
- Manage our high performing Payroll teams with expertise in all different processes.
- Partnering closely with Director level within the teams to ensure successful planning and scaling globally.
- Directly responsible to ensure all content is up to date and collaborating closely with the team to enable a documentation first environment.
- Collaborate and enable multiple teams at Remote that are directly impacted by Payroll & Operations.
- Strategic decisions around process improvements to ensure scalability, accuracy and data integrity.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to plan and implement features.
- Crucial part of this role is to scale payroll and benefits and remove mundane and manual workload, to ensure the team can consistently grow the volume of work in a high-growth environment.
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators and SLA metrics for Payroll.
- Analyze and report on key drivers impacting top and bottom line performance and speed in the Payroll team.
- Advise on and select external regional partners and serves as their key point of contact. Owns budgets and negotiations with external partners.
- Identify automation opportunities.
- Be able to go from "scout to scale" and actually start things up.
What you bring
- Ideally 7 years experience in payroll.
- Experience as a VP/ Sr. Director or similar role within Operations and Global Payroll.
- Previous experience in a hyper-growth or tech start up that experiencing large scaling within operations.
- Experience building trusted relationships with your team and peers.
- Clear understanding and experience on how automation, integration and scaling can directly impact workload.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact.
- Confident working independently and acting as a trusted advisor.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take own responsibility.
- Is a productivity geek and will constantly think of ways to improve and speed up their work.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus.
- You'll report to: SVP of Operations
- Direct reports: 2 Directors and Senior Managers
- Team: Payroll
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you'll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
If you don't have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email email@example.com
Company name: Remote
Remote job title: VP of Payroll
Job tags: English, Trusted Advisor, automation