Senior Employee Experience Manager
Remote job description
Founded in 2017, Coalition is on a mission to solve cyber risk and create a safer digital economy where everyone can thrive. Digital risk is now a part of every business and it's no longer solely the domain of technical teams. That's why we combined comprehensive insurance with proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations stay resilient to digital risks like cyber attacks, funds transfer fraud and much more.
Our team works collaboratively across North America and Europe to prevent security failures and provide both technical and financial help when incidents do occur. Today, Coalition is the world's largest commercial insurtech serving over 130,000 customers including many small businesses that rely on Coalition to help them chart a path forward in the new digital world.
As of September 2021, Coalition has raised $520 million from leading global technology investors as well as highly-regarded institutional investors including: Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Valor Ventures, Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Advisors, and Whale Rock Capital, valuing the company at more than $3.5 billion.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, authenticity and diversity. That's why we are proud to be named one of Inc's Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
Our People team is at the heart of everything we do. The Senior Employee Experience Manager will play a critical role in strengthening, building and further executing our culture and engagement programs, shaping our remote-first culture, developing our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) operating model and leading DEI strategy and initiatives across the broader business. Inclusion is one of Coalition's foundational values (https://www.coalitioninc.com/about), and we are looking for someone who is passionate about finding ways to foster an inclusive culture at Coalition and create a great employee experience that empowers people to be their best selves. This role provides leadership and support for our global Coalition.
We are looking for the unique employee experience leader who has deep experience in building and scaling employee experience and DEI initiatives. A great candidate will be excited about the opportunity to work in a fast moving startup, where grit, problem solving and scaling processes are valued, and where they will be able to impact the culture for future generations of Coalition employees. Get ready to roll up your sleeves, take on big challenges and be part of a truly unique team and company!
- Create and manage programs related to employee experience and events (company-wide events, engagement surveys, managing culture champion activities) to help employees stay connected and engaged in our remote-first culture
- Own and iterate on our DEI strategy, and partner cross-functionally to implement programs
- Own the coordination of our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), promoting them while tracking success metrics
- Foster relationships and partner with key stakeholders and the broader People team to collaborate on programs
- Partner with our Talent team on equitable hiring strategies
- Initiate, nurture and leverage strong relationships with employees in order to ensure a sense of belonging and ownership
- Build and improve upon our remote working strategy to ensure a positive employee experience and engagement opportunities
- Partner with vendors to organize employee engagement initiatives, including team building activities
Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in HR, Culture, or People Operations
- Experience working within a high growth tech organization and/or tech startup is required
- Experience supporting a geographically distributed workforce and managing employee engagement programs across multiple countries
- Deep knowledge of DEI functions, best practices, and clear opinions on how to build company culture
- Experience designing and implementing operational DEI/Culture programs from concept to rollout with solid project management skills
- Organized with strong attention to detail approach, effectively exercising independent judgment
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills, strong ethics and the ability to have senior level conversations/presentations
- You're not overwhelmed by having to work on several things at once - you can prioritize tasks and keep your cool
- Self-motivated, collaborative individual with a small ego, owner mentality and sense of humor
Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Company name: Coalition
Remote job title: Senior Employee Experience Manager