People Operations Associate
Remote job description
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you're looking to work at a dynamic company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
As Figma's People Ops Associate, you'll be a key player in executing our People Operations strategy. These are dynamic times in our high growth company, and you'll thrive if you are passionate about people, have exceptional organizational skills, an eye for detail and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information. You'll leverage your extraordinary ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and the ability to change focus quickly as needs change. Overall, you'll fit right in with our People Operations team goal of fostering a warm, inclusive workplace.
If you're excited about gaining People Operations experience in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment by supporting and improving all People functions, then this might be the role for you!
What you'll be doing:
Act as an initial point of contact for a wide range of questions covering topics like benefits, visas, onboarding, orientation events, new hires and People systems; responsible for triaging and addressing employee inquiries via our HR Support alias
- Organize and maintain confidential personnel files to ensure Figma is meeting all legal requirements
- Manage the execution, maintenance and extension of vendor and consultant agreements
- Maintain HRIS system and keep other HR databases up-to-date (e.g. new hires, salary changes, promotions, leave status, separations, etc.)
- Support the tactical execution of immigration cases alongside our external immigration counsel
- Support enrollment and change management for employee benefits
- Support global HR initiatives and interface with the Global People Ops team
- Working with People Operations to maintain security, process and documentation for audits
- Organize and manage logistics for new hire orientation, on-boarding workflows, and additional training programs
- Ensure new Figmates are included in all new hire events and sharing opportunities
- Review and prepare all I-9 documents and submit and manage E Verify cases
- Prepare exit packets and complete all offboarding tasks in our systems
Please keep in mind this list is not all inclusive and you may be asked to perform other job functions not otherwise listed.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ years work experience as an Administrator/Coordinator in HR or related field
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A deep attention to detail
- Proven experience maintaining security of confidential information/conversations
- Experience with HRIS & ATS systems (bonus if you have used Lever and Sapling)
- Strong follow-up/follow-through skills, and ability to anticipate potential issues/know when to escalate
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A creative and optimistic approach to your work--you generally think "why not?" instead of just "why?"
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
People Operations Associate
Tags: design, freemium, mobile, photos, saas / subscription, software