People Analytics Manager
Remote job description
At Sonos we want to inspire the world to listen better and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you'll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels welcome and included to do to the best work of their lives.
As our People Analytics & Insights Manager, you will bring advanced analytical skills AND a consultative client service approach. You will bring actionable and high impact insights AND engaging people management skills. You create collaboration and consensus across the people analytics team, broader People team, IT and the business in regards to all aspects of people data and analytics. If you have built this perfect storm of people and quantitative skills and are motivated to help us build and expand these skills across Sonos -- then we should talk.
As the leader of our People Analytics & Insights team, you will be responsible for developing the people insights strategy, designing the hypotheses & analyses, and managing the delivery of regular business insights. You'll amplify the existing portfolio of people insights with contemporary, research-based innovative ideas. existing portfolio. As a member of the People team, you will partner closely with the Executive Leadership team and just about every part of the company globally to help us use data to make work better.
Create and/or execute the people analytics vision and strategy, enabling solutions that cut across the entire employee lifecycle, in alignment with HR and business leadership priorities and stakeholder requirements.
- Provide a people analytics technology vision, strategy and approach for scalable, efficient and automated processes that enable simple and complex data analysis.
- Build effective relationships and collaborate with teammates, business leaders, and partners to solve organizational problems.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to influence business leaders to take action on the results.
- Analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers.
- Lead HR operations and IT in creating and managing standards for acquisition, maintenance, transfer, and disposition of workforce data to ensure data quality, privacy/GDPR, resolve issues, and ensure that the data being delivered meets business needs.
- Work through ambiguity (e.g., create structure, identify needed action, develop milestones) and changing priorities to support a rapidly changing business.
- Consider all client interactions as an opportunity to build data literacy across Sonos.
6-8 years of quantitative & client-oriented work experience
Experience leading people through influence. Strong project management skills - prioritize work in a disciplined and rigorous manner, equally exhibiting "big picture" thinking and attention to detail, with an unflappable willingness to lead through change in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience conducting quantitative & qualitative research in an applied setting and analyzing data from surveys or experimental research.
- Experience translating technical information for non-technical audiences. An analytical creative who turns feedback into action -- you know you need data to tell the story, but that data doesn't tell a story on its own
- Technology implementation and change management experience
- Experience with cloud-based people analytics software
Experience with Workday
- Advanced degree in Management, Organizational Behavior, I/O or Applied Social Psychology, , Experimental Psychology, Sociology, Behavioral/Labor Economics, Applied Statistics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to align technology to improve business performance
- Outstanding communication skills -- in person and in writing, your knowledge, expertise, creativity & agility inspire the confidence & followership of diverse audiences, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate and execute strategic, creative and well communicated insights. You know how to bring order to chaos, clarity & creativity to nascent & ambiguous business needs, and execute, reinforce & measure the effectiveness of key data output with stakeholders and business leaders.
- Advanced statistical analysis and data visualization skills using tools or programs such as R, Python, Tableau, Excel, SQL, Visier, PowerBI, etc.
People Analytics Manager
Tags: connected devices, e-commerce, entertainment, media, music, retail