Human Resources Generalist
Remote job description
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for an HR Generalist.
- Own the operations of our global onboarding program - welcoming new hires from when they sign their offer letter to the end of their first 90 days
- Partners with Community Event Strategist to create an exemplary onboarding experience, both remote and onsite
- Support global offboarding process for employee terminations, conduct exit interviews to generate qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Maintain and update HR systems, materials, resources, and files
- Act as the first point of contact for employee inquiries - answering questions from the HR helpdesk and assisting employees throughout the employee lifecycle
- Partner with accounting team and provide administrative support for payroll
- Manage employee benefits administration (both US and international) around health, dental, vision, and other benefits/perks by owning the annual open enrollment process, serving as primary liaison with company benefit brokers, and providing ongoing benefits support for employees
- Support performance review cycles including communications, trainings, HRIS and employee support
- Support the HRBP team and assist with HR team projects and assignments as needed
- 4+ years of experience in an HR role - HR Operations experience preferred
- Strong understanding of Benefits and Leaves of Absence
- General knowledge of HR best practices
- Customer service and solutions focused - "no job is too small" attitude
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Comfort with ambiguity and building from scratch, comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and process driven
- Values and respects confidentiality
- Team player, highly collaborative
- Familiarity with HRIS systems (Experience with BambooHR, CultureAmp, ADP, Lattice a plus)
- Strong proficiency in Google Apps
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Values:
- Put Creators First. WHEN CREATORS WIN, WE WIN.
- Build with Craft. WE SIGN OUR NAME TO EVERY DELIVERABLE.
- Make it Happen. WE DON'T QUIT, WE LEARN AND DELIVER.
- Win Together. WE GROW AS INDIVIDUALS, WE WIN AS A TEAM.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch's article about our focus on membership.
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR's How I Built This.
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn.
Company name: Patreon
Remote job title: Human Resources Generalist
Job tags: marketplace, saas / subscription, entertainment, fintech, makers, music