Remote job description
Scale is growing and so is our People Team! We're looking for a People Operations/HR Generalist who is passionate about building thoughtful, streamlined, employee lifecycle processes that support the employee experience. You will be responsible for partnering cross-functionally to drive and manage process and system improvements that will improve the employee experience, increase the efficiency of the HR team, keep us compliant, and improve the quality of our data. You will play a critical role in creating a highly employee - centric team as Scale continues to grow exponentially.
- Act as the first point of contact for Scaliens with people operation questions
- Oversee and facilitate new hire orientation and onboarding activities while partnering with teams to ensure every Scalien receives a great onboarding experience
- Administer benefits programs for US and other territory-based employees to ensure appropriate enrollment and data accuracy
- Process and manage HR documentation including onboarding documents, employee agreements, employment verifications, etc.
- Manage relationship with the external immigration firm and partner with Recruiting team and Hiring Managers to gather necessary information to ensure all immigration cases are filed and processed accurately and timely
- Evolve our HR processes and policies; understand organizational needs and create & drive improvements in processes, policies, and workflows that are compliant with local/state/federal statutes, and are efficient, scalable, and reflect our Scale credos
- Roll up your sleeves and dive into the high volume of daily operational HR needs and ad hoc projects
- Stay up to date on HR laws and practices where we have employees (payroll, benefits compliance, terminations, leave of absences, etc.)
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local employment law, including but not limited to manager/employee harassment training, workplace postings, classifications, and wage laws
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with Recruiting, Finance, IT, Legal, Compliance teams and other stakeholders to drive efficiencies and simplify workflows
- 3-5 years of HR Coordinator or HR Generalist experience
- Exceptionally collaborative and able to advise employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented, stellar organizational skills and able to prioritize effectively
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to think outside of the box and propose meaningful solutions
- Highly analytical with advanced Excel skills
- Able to identify gaps and drive operational improvements
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent judgment and discretion, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Flexible mindset and able to navigate ambiguity with ease
- Action-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of California employment laws and regulatory requirements (other states & countries a plus)
- Sense of humor!
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We've recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Company name: Scale
Remote job title: HR Generalist
Job tags: api, software