Director of Demand Generation
Remote job description
We are on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they're given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised a further ?100m investment bringing our series C funding to over ?200m and in the process becoming one of Europe's latest Tech Unicorns. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
And we're growing fast. Come join us!
Spendesk is looking for an experienced Director of Demand Gen to lead the Demand Generation team for a 12-month FTC maternity cover. You'll be an experienced leader and oversee the execution of multi-touch demand creation programs, based on both inbound and outbound tactics, that drive pipeline creation and revenue growth in our core markets.
The ideal candidate is data-driven, and both strategic and willing to roll-up their sleeves to get things done. You'll have a proven track record of designing successful demand generation programs, partnering closely with Sales and Marketing to optimise local activities. It requires a candidate with strong leadership skills, creativity, and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial culture.
- Lead, manage and motivate a growing team of marketers who are responsible for managing acquisition, regional marketing, and global campaigns.
- Understand the customer journey and plan marketing programs to support the nurture and conversion of leads into pipeline
- Ensure global and regional campaigns and events (online an offline) are delivered within agreed timescales and convert at the required rate to deliver pipeline targets.
- Ensure online acquisition channels are delivering against targets and optimise for growth opportunities.
- Support the Country sales leadership with marketing targets, funnel and pipeline reporting to ensure sufficient coverage to achieve revenue targets.
- Conduct regular marketing and sales routines to present the impact of marketing activities on sales pipeline, identify gaps in strategy and quickly adjust marketing plans to achieve revenue and business goals.
- Own, drive, and report on key metrics related to CAC, acquisition, channel performance and channel growth
- Maintain a feedback loop between sales & marketing to optimize lead generation campaigns and identify opportunities for pipeline acceleration and sales conversions.
- Ensure compliance with GDPR and other relevant regulations
- Develop databases targeting key markets and verticals
Who we are looking for:
- 10+ years' digital marketing experience, preferably in B2B technology markets. At least 4 years being responsible for the demand generation function at a SaaS company. Experience in managing EMEA markets is a plus.
- Team player and dedicated people manager passionate about learning and coaching
- Expert in digital marketing, including SEO, PPC, lead scoring, nurturing programs, list management, segmentation, and targeting.
- Strong analytical expertise to set measurable goals and evaluate campaign effectiveness.
- Deep understanding of optimization requirements at the different stages of the funnel.
- In-depth knowledge of CRM and marketing automation systems
- Strong project management skills. Self-motivated and extremely resourceful in driving projects forward.
- Outstanding English communication and language skills, bilingual in French or German.
- Experience of working with growing and complex teams across multiple geographies.
- As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with equity (everyone is an owner of the company!)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The best equipment for your needs (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, ...)
- Internal social events (hackathon, company-wide parties, offsite, ...)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- A purple Spendesk card (for your work purchases)!
- And more!
What you can expect from the process:
- 1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
- 2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
- 3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager, Head-Of, or C-Level (CEO included) to review any remaining questions
Company name: Spendesk
Remote job title: Director of Demand Generation
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services