Senior Tax Analyst
Remote job description
ServiceTitan is seeking an exceptional Senior Tax Analyst to join one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Southern California, backed by the best VC firms in the SaaS space. This position will report to the Senior Tax Manager and will enjoy a high level of visibility and impact to our rapidly-growing startup.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate, hard-working Tax professional with proven technical skills, strong tax and accounting background, and the ability to work cross-functionally in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
What you'll do:
- Assist in the preparation of the tax provision
- Assist in the preparation of the corporate federal, state, and international income tax returns, estimates, and extensions
- Assist with components of IRS and state income tax audits
- Research complex tax issues and prepare technical documentation
- Support tax systems, accounting, and tax planning team on US tax computations
- Prepare and maintain monthly tax account reconciliations
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation
- Assist with M&A and other ad hoc projects
- Maintain tax information and records
- Assist in the coordination of tax matters with external advisers
What you'll bring:
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including public accounting and/or industry (ideally, technology)
- CPA and/or Masters in Taxation
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work independently, multi-task, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
- At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements
- Strong skills in accounting and Excel/Google Sheets
- A high level of genuine curiosity and an eagerness to learn
- Strong analytical capabilities, judgment, and attention to detail and accuracy
Company name: ServiceTitan
Remote job title: Senior Tax Analyst
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb