Senior Manager, GTM Finance
Remote job description
We are building the Finance team to help make data-driven and financially sound decisions for Scale. The Finance team is responsible for improving strategic, financial and operational decisions by partnering with the leadership team in making critical decisions across Scale.
The Finance team is responsible for owning the company's budget, helping to drive quarterly and annual planning processes, allocating and deploying the company's resources efficiently, and performing financial analyses in partnership with all departments across the company. You will have a unique opportunity to work closely with department heads on real-time high-priority business issues and use quantitative insights to drive better decision-making across Scale. The ideal candidate will not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations, but also strong interpersonal skills to manage various stakeholders. We hope you'll join us!
What you'll be doing:
- Serve as the Finance business partner to support the GTM teams (Sales & Marketing) in quarterly and annual strategic and financial planning discussions
- Manage the GTM team's operating budget to evaluate investment strategies and provide real-time tracking to the Head of Sales and the Head of Marketing
- Support the launch of new product lines through ad hoc analysis required to support Sales and Marketing initiatives
- Lead the buildout of data infrastructure and dashboards to track Sales and Marketing metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Perform and own weekly and monthly reporting and develop GTM KPIs to assist with the decision-making that aligns with company's top-line objectives
- Drive the roadmap for future Sales Finance initiatives including internal billings system, strategic initiatives to enhance Sales growth and de-risk our top-line plan, as well as provide greater sales pipeline visibility
- Work in close partnership with the Sales Strategy Analytics & Operations team, assisting with a range of operational issues
- Provide input for deal desk activities in partnership with the Sales Strategy Analytics & Operations and Revenue Accounting teams to ensure financial and commercial optimization
- Act as a strategic thought partner to our Head of Sales to shape our Sales compensation plan and associated operations
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of 6 years of financial analysis experience working directly in Corporate Finance, FP&A, Strategic Finance, and / or investment banking
- 2+ years of prior Sales Finance experience, including revenue forecasting
- Deep understanding of B2B SaaS businesses, metrics, LTV and customer lifecycle
- Experience improving and streamlining processes, and developing solutions to operational inefficiencies
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills, ability to manage and manipulate large data sets, critically analyze existing processes, and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite, MS Office; expert Excel modeling skills and Salesforce
- Demonstrated ability to lead a high functioning Sales Finance team and deliver quality results as a future team lead
Nice to haves:
- A Bachelor's degree with a major in Finance and/or Accounting
- Experience in SQL and Business Intelligence tools a plus
- Experience with Anaplan and / or Adaptive Insights a plus
- 4 years of experience in a highly strategic, analytical and operational role within a rapidly growing company
- Investment banking experience a plus
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We've recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Company name: Scale
Remote job title: Senior Manager, GTM Finance
Job tags: api, software