Senior Manager, Global Equity
Remote job description
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better-for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
As a Global Equity Plan manager you will report to the Sr. Director of Total Rewards and work closely and effectively with teams across Bird to develop and communicate equity compensation programs for top-tier talent and assist with day to day management of our equity compensation plan. You will be a trusted advisor and relied upon to strategize on equity based programs.
- Manage all aspects of global equity team, including overseeing the capitalization table, transaction processing, monthly share pool reconciliation, and equity plan related reporting and shareholder communication
- Work with leadership and relevant stakeholders to provide input on design and implementation of global equity plans
- Partner and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including accounting, finance, HR, legal, transfer agent, outside broker service providers, and equity platform provider to ensure accuracy in compliance, audits, and reporting
- Roll out and administer all aspects of the ESPP, including managing and processing ESPP purchases
- Lead efforts to grow and scale the equity team function, including enhancing and automating processes and workflows and improvement for all aspects of the global equity operations.
- Respond and resolve employee escalations related to equity inquiries and concerns
- Design and implement educational sessions, presentations, and communication materials for employees to support understanding of equity programs and policies
- Manage burn rate/dilution and equity forecasting, analytics, and reporting
- Directly manage equity team to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing and a superior level of service in equity related questions and requests from employees, management, and other stakeholders
- Masters Degree in business administration, finance, or economics
- 8+ years of experience in finance, equity administration, or stock planning
- CEP certification
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation related to stock administration and general knowledge of global taxation of equity compensation
- ESPP & 401K knowledge a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of various types of equity awards, programs, and governing stock plan documents
- Experience in data compilation and preparing annual proxy statement executive compensation tablesAbility to work independently, manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Evaluate Market competitiveness of Equity programs in alignment with Bird's Total Rewards strategy
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting
- Capable of influencing and developing cross-functional working relationships
- A keen sense of ownership, and highly adaptable to a fast-changing environment
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy, business-friendly team player with an ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we're constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives -encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you'd like to work? Sweet. Let's chat.
Company name: Bird
Remote job title: Senior Manager, Global Equity
Job tags: travel & leisure