Senior Manager, Deal Desk
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work?"whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop?"while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead Deal Desk team
- Assist with complex contract negotiations and manage the approval process, including liaising with involved internal groups such as Legal, Finance, Tax, Product, Engineering, etc.
- Understand the business and technical requirements of our customers and partners, and work closely with the internal teams to fashion appropriate deal terms
- Craft proposals as the go-to liaison between our sales team and Finance Partners
- Able to train and work closely with sales teams to make sure everyone is aware of the process and constructs, and to quickly execute on deals that are in the pipeline
- Represent Quote to Cash Operations team on large-scale internal projects, in particular, CPQ implementation
- Create and maintain Quote to Cash project plans
- Provide status updates to leadership and maintain issue logs and project risks
- Provide guidance to IT on building system enhancements
- Act as a subject matter expert for Salesforce internal Quote to Cash systems and process
- Develop, document, and maintain a repository of Quote to Cash business rules and process flows
- Work with internal users to obtain feedback on improving systems and working with IT to deliver requests
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 10+ years of experience in Deal Desk, CPQ Tooling, Sales & Commercial Strategy, Business Operations, Finance and/or Revenue Accounting
- Experience in dealing with sales organization and cross communication with sales team and outside vendors
- Knowledge of credit and collection policies and principles
- Salesforce and Oracle experience preferred
- Understanding of Financial Accounting preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Works well in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Keen attention to detail and analytical skills
- Solid organizational and short-term planning skills
- Professional, positive, and tactful demeanor with clients and customers
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Senior Manager, Deal Desk
Job tags: Financial Accounting, finance, CPQ
location or timezone
yearly salary range$139,000 - 185,000
posted59 days ago