Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
Remote job description
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone-come make with us!
As the Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting, you will be a critical part of the Company's monthly, quarterly and annual close process, ensure the business is achieving operational effectiveness, and building best in class business processes. As a member of the finance team, the ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, a self-starter who can work independently and manage a team, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. This role will report to the Director of Accounting.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal policies, and external audits
- Review and approve monthly journal entries and reconciliations for areas not limited to GL, AP, bank, fixed assets, accruals, leases, inter-company accounting, consolidations, income tax and credit cards
- Perform analytical reviews, including researching variances between actual monthly expense activities and budget, as needed
- Oversee that vendor invoices and employee expense reports are processed timely and accurately
- Collaborate and support Financial Planning and Analysis, Payroll, Technical accounting and other cross-functional departments
- Drive process improvements and contribute to accounting transformation projects - designing and implementing internal controls and documentation
- Support financial audits as well as corporate tax returns and other statutory/compliance filings for the domestic and international entities
- Lead, coach, mentor and train the team; take an active interest in their career and development; find ways to continue their growth and development
- Lead or assist on special projects as needed (e.g. entity set up, system implementation, etc.)
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent with a solid knowledge of GAAP, general ledger structure, and financial statements
- 10+ years progressive operational accounting experience, ideally in enterprise SaaS with 3+ years of hands-on experience in people manager roles
- 3+ years in public accounting, CPA a plus
- Public company experience a plus
- History of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges
- Proficiency in consolidated financial statements with inter-company transactions required
- Proficiency using NetSuite, or similar ERP, with multi-entity and currencies
- Analytical, skeptical and curious; able to identify and report relevant risks and issues to management for a timely and appropriate resolution
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactively prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and demands
- Versatile, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects and tasks
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process-idea to design to build-and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace-we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Company name: Figma
Remote job title: Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, design, mobile, photos, software