Senior Financial Accountant
Remote job description
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world's top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
- We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you
- How you can help make a better world of work
- Culture Amp is looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to Implement, support and maintain robust, efficient and customer focused Finance Operations (primarily focused on R2R, but partnering with the O2C and P2P leads) that can scale efficiently in a hyper growth environment.
- In part of this team of amazing humans,
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager and Financial Accountant to ensure that monthly reporting includes accurate, complete and timely historic information that supports data driven decision making that drives business performance
- Drive and communicate the month end close process and timetable so that everyone is clear on responsibilities and deliverable time frames, consistently delivering results within the business's desired timeframes
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure that the year end audit is completed efficiently, and within the agreed timeframes, maintaining clear communication throughout the process with internal and external stakeholders
- Continuously drive improvements in the R2R process, which will support a high growth business and evolving environment
- Build effective relationships with the wider Finance Team and ensure that expectations around interactions are clearly defined
- 5 years+ of working in finance roles with focus on accounting technical and practical application of Australian accounting standards
- Ability to build relationships through effective communication and proactive handling of situations
- Fastidious attention to detail with ability to quickly spot numbers that look out of place, validating accuracy and completeness through automated cross checks and reconciliations
- Proven experience in contributing to the development of more junior members of the team.
- A Can do attitude that instinctively sees/develops solutions and seeks appropriate input
- A fully qualified accountant with comprehensive understanding of accounting standards and experience of practically applying them to operational situations
- Great at providing effective and proactive stakeholder engagement with an approach that results in the business seeing finance as a customer focused team that helps them achieve their goals
- Highly organized and skilled at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous for a rapidly growing business
- Collaborative, dependable working style that enables delivery of own and Finance Team goals
- A strong believer that Culture Amp can create a better world of work
- We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for "company results", but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
- We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it's important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let's make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
- Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people's lives.
- Please keep reading...
- Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria - unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
- We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Company name: Culture Amp
Remote job title: Senior Financial Accountant
Job tags: saas / subscription, professional services, business services, hr