Senior Accounting Manager
Remote job description
Remote is solving global remote organizations' biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
- We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
- We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Accounting Manager in one of the most exciting early stage Finance teams out there.
Our team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Remote is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We're looking for an experienced finance and accounting professional to join our fast growing team and help us support our expansion efforts by owning all the accounting and finance processes. This role will involve working hand in hand with a business partners, financial partners, legal team and our operations teams. You will be responsible for management of Accounting functions within a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- 6+ years post qualified accounting experience.
- Demonstrated experience using core finance systems (SAP or similar is a bonus).
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and Dutch GAAP.
- Understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Financial planning and analysis experience, ideally with exposure to key management processes at a high growth, scaling company.
- Professional experience working with large data sets.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Experience of working with an outsourced finance team.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus.
- Management of accounting records and related functions journal entries, reconciliations, inter-company accounting and the monthly close process for a global start up with a high growth business model.
- Entry of detailed global accounting transactions as required in our SAP S/4 Hana system including Sales invoices, AP invoices and journal entries.
- Liaising with our finance outsourcing partners to ensure accounting transactions are recorded in our SAP S/4HANA system in a complete, timely and accurate manner.
- Delivery of financial reporting and analysis, including statutory filing requirements.
- Collaborate with the Reporting and other teams to leverage financial data to support key management processes.
- Support development of an efficient, scalable finance function thru optimized processes and automation of accounting functions.
- Maintain accounting and reporting policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective financial and internal controls through design, review and testing.
- Great Remote work culture
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- A good salary
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- Report to: Director of Finance, Controller
- Team: Finance
- Equipment: We will supply you will the tools you need to do your job well (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Application is reviewed
- Interview with the Director of Finance, Controller
- Interview with the VP of Finance
- Interview with the team (no managers on the call, just for you to get a sense of who you'd be working with)
- (async) Offer
Company name: Remote
Remote job title: Senior Accounting Manager