Remote job description
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
The Accounting Team at Bird partners cross functionally with the business to deliver financial and accounting insights and guidance. We project manage annual audits, and are responsible for establishing a control environment. As a Senior Accountant with thorough knowledge of international accounting principles, you will provide business support and expertise to our EMEA markets.
- Liaise with external auditors and internal stakeholders to ensure that external audits are finalized on time.
- Manage relationships with external service providers across EMEA region related to preparing and filing of financial statements and corporate income tax returns.
- Act as a project lead in implementation of statutory ledger in ERP system.
- Act as a business partner for international entities, assisting with operational and accounting matters.
- Participate in and execute ad hoc requests and projects related to statutory compliance and accounting.
- Provide support for USGAAP monthly processes from EMEA perspective
- Prepare and manage monthly Intercompany reconciliations.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in accounting within global organizations or Big 4
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting (CA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent is a plus)
- Experience with international compliance requirements
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures such as revenue recognition, accrued expenses, inventory accounting and intercompany transactions
- Able to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment, while demonstrating strong planning and prioritization skills
- Enthusiasm to improve processes
- Ability to operate independently, make decisions and thrive on execution
- Excellent people skills plus ability to communicate kindly and efficiently
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we're constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We're committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That's why we offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments-all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives -encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you'd like to work? Sweet. Let's chat.
Company name: Bird
Remote job title: Senior Accountant
Job tags: travel & leisure