Revenue Accounting Manager
Remote job description
Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin's integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We're motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the Role:
Join KeepTruckin and become a member of the Revenue Accounting Team. We are seeking a Revenue Accounting Manager who will report to the Director of Revenue and manage one or more analysts or consultants. This person needs to be a great communicator, have a strong technical background in ASC 606, and be able to deal with some ambiguity. This person will help develop ASC 606 compliant revenue accounting policies and processes. This person is also a key player in assisting with month-end close and account reconciliations, audit, and any ad hoc projects as needed.
What You'll Do:
- Working under the Director of Revenue, advise sales, deal desk, and legal during contract negotiations and go-to-market activities to ensure proper revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Assist with applying existing accounting policies and developing new accounting policies related to new GTM activities
- Prepare and review month-end accounting close tasks (e.g., standalone selling price analysis), journal entries, reconciliations, and fluctuation analyses
- Assist with the development, documentation, and implementation of internal controls surrounding revenue recognition
- Support quarterly and annual audits
- Contribute to special projects related to revenue recognition as needed, such as ensuring system configurations and processes are compliant with accounting policy as well as ad-hoc reporting
- Manage, develop, and train one or more analysts and/or consultants
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree, CPA, and 5+ years of revenue recognition specific work experience
- Public accounting experience with SaaS-based or Fin-Tech companies preferred
- Prior experience developing accounting policies under ASC 606 and/or reviewing customer contracts for compliance with ASC 606
- Prior experience supervising and training more junior team members
- Prior experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, Zuora, and RevPro
- Highly detail-oriented and organized individual with the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Company name: KeepTruckin
Remote job title: Revenue Accounting Manager
Job tags: license fees, business services, mobility