Payroll Manager, International
Remote job description
Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
As the International Payroll Manager your focus will be on two main areas: (1) all transactional components related to the processing of payroll across multiple geographies (except for North America), and (2) strategic inputs, recommendations, and implementation of future payroll related tools/providers, processes, and entity expansion. Your work in these areas will be end to end, from transactional/strategic inputs through to the recording of the payroll in our books or the implementation of tools and processes. This is an individual contributor role with the potential to expand to a people manager role as the Company continues on its impressive growth trajectory.
This 100% remote position will report directly to our Senior Manager of Accounting while also working closely with our VP, Global Controller. This is a very key and foundational addition to an accounting team that is being built from the ground up. Leverage your prior experiences and build things the right way in a very fast paced growth-phase SaaS startup!
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all payroll processing events across all non-North America geographies (currently two geos, with at least two more coming online shortly). This includes both regular and variable compensation as well as processing of all third-party consulting resources
- Oversee all federal and local payroll filing requirements
- Work closely with our People Team to ensure changes in compensation are appropriately captured and provide input to our ongoing HRIS implementation
- Establish strong relationships with our third-party processing provider for all non-US payroll
- Be a key participant in the organization's future processing tool platform selection and implementation
- Own certain month-end close activities including reviewing/posting payroll related journal entries, owning certain balance sheet reconciliations (namely bonus accrual and capitalized commissions), and preparing certain financial statement analytics
- Assist in the stabilization of NetSuite where applicable, and work closely with our financial systems manager on data migration, testing and training
- Participate in our global entity expansion and provide strategic inputs on its scalability
- Assist in the annual audit process including evidence gathering for external auditors and the group accounting department
- Identify and drive process improvement with a focus on future scalability
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related discipline
- 6-8 years of relevant experience, with a mix of big company and start-up work preferable
- SaaS and startup experience a plus
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a remote first environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally at all levels in an efficient manner
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a rapidly changing global and remote environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
What You'll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees' careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You'll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We're very collaborative at Apollo, so you'll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You'll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you'll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!
Company name: Apollo
Remote job title: Payroll Manager, International
Job tags: Software as a Service, Apollo, Attention to Detail