Manager, Technical Accounting
Remote job description
Ready to be a Titan?
ServiceTitan is seeking an ambitious, motivated Manager, Technical Accounting to join our growing Accounting team in one of the fastest growing tech startups in Southern California, backed by the best VC firms in the SaaS space. This role will require collaboration with almost all aspects of the business, with primary goals of ensuring accurate recognition and reporting of all transactions, and helping the organization hit its financial goals. This role will sit at the crossroads of technical accounting and accounting operations. The position will report directly to the Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting and be a key partner within the company to improve the accounting process.
If you are humble, hard-working, and passionate about making a difference in our Accounting team, and want to have a real, immediate impact to our company, ServiceTitan wants to be your platform for achieving the extraordinary.
What you'll do:
- Draft and maintain global accounting policies and memos
- Assist with preparing technical schedules and memos, including but not limited to equity, M&A, consolidations, segments, stock-based compensation, etc.
- Lead on all M&A related accounting activities under ASC 805 and policy conformation
- Perform technical accounting research, assessments and implementations for complex accounting issues and accounting pronouncements not yet adopted
- Keep business partners abreast of developments in accounting, financial reporting, and related company policies and positions
- Liaise with external auditors, including performing walkthroughs, responding to audit requests, etc.
- Provide technical support to members of Finance team on accounting treatment issues in compliance with US GAAP
- Participate in SOX compliance efforts about internal financial reporting controls
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned by the Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
What you'll need:
- 7+ years of public accounting and/or financial reporting experience for a SaaS technology company; CPA required
- M&A (ASC 805) technical accounting experience is a must
- Strong technical expertise in accordance with US GAAP
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Company name: ServiceTitan
Remote job title: Manager, Technical Accounting
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb