Manager, Payments and Fraud
Remote job description
As a Payments and Fraud Manager, you have a knack for identifying fraud vectors and detecting high risk patterns of behavior. Reporting to our Manager of Operations Support, you will help build and manage brand new payments processes while growing our small but mighty fraud team. You lead by example, and aren't afraid to jump into the trenches for a good ol' fashioned queue slay.
What you'll be doing
- Build and maintain new processes for troubleshooting outbound payments issues
- Analyze accounts and transactions to evaluate risk and determine fraud trends, taking action if necessary
- Manages and monitors risk assessment workflows
- Participate in both proactive and reactive efforts to measure and mitigate fraud without causing friction to the overall customer experience and impacting revenue growth.
- Cultivate internal relationships to help identify, report, and resolve issues quickly
- Mentor, lead, and train team members to build and scale the Payments & Fraud team
- Partner with other leaders to improve internal team communications and collaboration, and foster cross team partnership and knowledge sharing
- Foster a positive, balanced working environment that gets team members excited about their work and mitigates risk of burnout
What you should have
- A cover letter! This one is important, don't skip it! We really want to hear what motivates you, of any previous experience you would like to highlight and why would you like to join Discord.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in Payment Operations, Fraud Operations or an equivalent field
- 3+ years of team lead or management experience
- Experience building teams, being a leader not a boss
- Passion for supporting our users and developers with unwavering patience and empathy
- Great debugging, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to think outside of the box and find creative ways to solve problems
- Experience with and demonstrated passion for understanding fraud vectors and performing financial risk assessments
- Knowledge of common fraud patterns and ability to think creatively to connect data points and proactively identify trends
- Proven ability to hire, coach, and cultivate talent and individuals
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Already a Discord user yourself - extra bonus points if you're part of a few servers already
- Web application support
- Familiarity with support ticketing applications (e.g. Zendesk)
- Experience with payment systems, banking systems and/or working at a Fintech company
- New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $121,000/year + equity and benefits
- Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
- Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $108,900/year + equity and benefits
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-Remote #LI-EG1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we're all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests - from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We're working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It's a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Company name: Discord
Remote job title: Manager, Payments and Fraud